Finger Prints

gadcool

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Can some body pl help. i have done my finger printing last November. But my on line case status is not updated. Do i need to call INS/FBI and ask? If there is anything wrong with my finger printing probably i would have got a retake notice!
Can you pl share your experience?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Call FBI office

Call FBI office and give your alien number. They will tell you when the FP was sent to INS. You can find the number on this website or any posting. I dont remember it.

None of FP details are updated in INS System

It looks like INS is not updating FP notice and approve details into there system. My FP was done on Sep 21st and status of my case still says my I485 application received on Aug1st'02.

Please post if your FP done after Sep1st'02 and/or your status updated with FP details (such as ...FP Notice sent, FP Received...).

As per my understanding from the different threads, INS is not updating anything related FP into their status system

Please post if any one of you know more.

Thanks,

Arkay

My FP was done on Nov15th. My status was never update to "FP notice sent" or "FP received".Called liason number i got from the postings.304-625-5590. Was told that FP was sent INS on 15th itself.Dont know if i need to talk to INS. couple of cases i heard that FP status is updated that FP was received.
Does that mean that there is a prob with FP and it needs to be redone? or INS is not consistent in updating the cases status?
Pl post your reply and experience.
Thanks

I don't think they are updating it..

I got fingerprinted in November. The system never got updated with the FP details. It always says that my I-485 application was received on a particular date.

I read somewhere else that INS is not updating FP details these days.

same here

My wife and I had finger-print on 10/18/2002, and I was told by FBI that the result was sent to INS the next day, 10/19/2002. However, the online status are not updated, still saying " Your appilcation was received ................."

Hello,
My FP was done in august'02. In fact my file alwys had a message which says file recd on...will take 450-480 days..blah..blah.
When i spoke with the IIO few months ago (for a change of address), i casually asked her, and she told me that the FP has been linked to my file, and it looks good.
So, I think it may be possible that the FP results have comeback, but the AVM/ online status do not reflect the same :confused:
Let us hope for the best!!!

Same here too. Done FP for self and wife on 12/05/2002. Contacted FBI and they mentioned the results sent to INS on 12/07/2002. The online status still remains ' application received on xxx,taking 480 days etc' No online update on FP notice or receipt

Imagine my plight...

I had my FP done on June 10th 2002...the message till this day says

"... we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording..." blah blah blah

I callled the FBI and they said that they have sent the FP results to INS on the 10th itself

Just waiting in hope its all ok.

I called FBI and they say they have sent report of FP on Dec 8,2002. But to date I have not received any info neither from INS nor the message changed on Online case status. In fact online message still says reciept notice sent takes ---- days. Do I need to take some letter no from FBI and call INS or just wait. When I went for FP the technician told that I will get letter, stating FP was done and cleared by FBI in 4-5 weeks. Any suggestion that after FP has been done any letter from the local service center or from INS main office is expected or not before any final decision of INS.

It look like INS is not updating FP information to online status system.

If INS is not updating FP details for any recent case then we need not to worry on status change. Hope that they will atleast update
final decision.

Thanks,
Arkay