Finger prints questions - what is "match warning" ?

veeru71

Registered Users (C)
I did my finger printing today.
When he was doing the last finger, a "Match Warning" message in red color
showed up on the screen. For all the other 9 fingers, a "PASSED" message in green color showed up.
He tried 4 or 5 times and the same "Match Warning" message
showed up every time. Finally, (seems like he gave up) he said "you are all set and you can go".

What is this "Match Warning" ?? Any one had similar experience ?

F/P match warning

I had that happen to one of the fingers during the individual finger scan too, the tech. repeated the finger once more and it said "Pass". I don't know what the match warning meant too and it seems silly in hingsight that I did not ask the technician about what it meant.

My understanding but not 100% sure is that first they take FP of the 10 fingers together. Then they next do FP of each finger separately. Ideally each finger taken separately should match the corresponding finger in the first FP of 10 fingers taken together. Otherwise I think it gives "match warning".

-g

nothing to worry

veeru71 said:
I did my finger printing today.
When he was doing the last finger, a "Match Warning" message in red color
showed up on the screen. For all the other 9 fingers, a "PASSED" message in green color showed up.
He tried 4 or 5 times and the same "Match Warning" message
showed up every time. Finally, (seems like he gave up) he said "you are all set and you can go".

What is this "Match Warning" ?? Any one had similar experience ?

Hi Veeru,
Nothing to worry about that.....actually it happened to me too and i asked the FP guy right there itself and he explained me that....it just means....."its not printed right...please retake it "....so he took my prints again for the finger that warned and than i was done.....

hope this helps.......

A bit off subject..I think.

Veeru & all,

As others said, I'm sure its nothing to be worried about. I work at a place where we use bioscript fingerprint technology to get in and out of lab areas, sometimes one finger works better than the other :D , thats all there is too it. Important thing in your case is the real results of the check.. hopefully that'll be cleared soon.

While I'm here If I may ask folks if y'all know (preferebly by experience) that if it is possible to go give the fingerprints earliear than your scheduled date? I just recieved a notice and am scheduled to go in about 3 weeks for fingerprinting, can I just 'walk-in' early and get them done? any ideas?

Regards,
Mr. What

Rescheduling

No you cant walk in, but if you call the 1-800 number they can bring your date closer depending on their available slots. My friend did that.

actually it possible

mr_what said:
Veeru & all,

As others said, I'm sure its nothing to be worried about. I work at a place where we use bioscript fingerprint technology to get in and out of lab areas, sometimes one finger works better than the other :D , thats all there is too it. Important thing in your case is the real results of the check.. hopefully that'll be cleared soon.

While I'm here If I may ask folks if y'all know (preferebly by experience) that if it is possible to go give the fingerprints earliear than your scheduled date? I just recieved a notice and am scheduled to go in about 3 weeks for fingerprinting, can I just 'walk-in' early and get them done? any ideas?

Regards,
Mr. What

Hi mr.what???
Actually its possible... i did it....mine is in VA though.....mine was scheduled 5 weeks from the ND and i had to travel somewhere on the scheduled date and i simply walked in with all the papers needed 1 week after my ND, and told the CR the same and she was very nice with me and i cud get it done in all in 10 minutes.

I had same messages on my FP appointment. Lots.
FP Lady was not happy and said I have extremely thin skin and those ridges i.e. fingerprints just too thin for the computer to detect. Bad equipment, I guess.
Why she did not take instead paper prints, i do not know.
So i worry too.

When I had my FP done for my N400 in Jan 05, they used the old ink and paper procedure. It seems like everyone else here had it done digitally. I had it done digitally for my GC renewal in September 04.

I had the same problem today at Columbus, OH office. I had match warning on two of my fingers. Lady who was taking the prints tried 4 or 5 time but it came up every time. Hopefully it does not cause a problem.

Match Warning

I got my FP done today. I also got "Match Warning" on one finger. On that finger I have a little rough skin. I asked the lady and she refused to answer.

I was very worried until I read the messages on this forum. :eek:
This Immigration Portal has definetely helped me reduce my anxiety. :eek:

I did mine back in March, same problem so I asked the person taking the fingerprint and she said the machine was having difficulties reading my prints. I went for the interview and I had no problem. I past and was recommended for Citizenship.