finger prints exp after approval

mydearcard

Registered Users (C)
My fingerprints notice was mailed on 06/20 and I was asked to go for finger prints yesterday. I also got my cards in mail on June25th.

Yesterday when I went for biometric appointment office said my finger prints were valid on the day when my 485 was approved and card mailed. So I dont have to give another finger prints.

Did anyone who has recd card got finger prints done. Please post your experiance.

Please disregard such notices. ASC will not process you if your case as been approved.

Same here

My fingerprints notice was mailed on 06/20 and I was asked to go for finger prints yesterday. I also got my cards in mail on June25th.

Yesterday when I went for biometric appointment office said my finger prints were valid on the day when my 485 was approved and card mailed. So I dont have to give another finger prints.

Did anyone who has recd card got finger prints done. Please post your experiance.

I went for my biometric appt (scheduled after my GC got approved. I even got the plastic card).

I patiently waited for an hour and when my number is called, I went to scanning location. Just after giving my appt notice, I asked him a general question about why they sent finger print notice after the petition (I-485) is approved. He asked me if I got my greencard. I gave my plastic card, he checked the LIN number against the number in biometric notice and said to discard it. I asked him again. He went and confirmed with somebody and said to discard the notice.

Anyway its better to go there & get some kind of stamp to prove that you did went there.

Anyway its better to go there & get some kind of stamp to prove that you did went there.

They refused to issue any stamp because the case was approved. Go there only if have you nothing better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
They refused to issue any stamp because the case was approved. Go there only if have you nothing better to do.

armie

The stamp I meant is - when you go for biometeric, front-desk person verifies your appt and affix rubber-stamp (in RED). Once you complete the biometric, the person who do that for you fill the blanks in the stamp (signs & other things).

In my case, there is just stamp but striked out by that finger printing guy as its not required.

what should I do?

I got my physical GC on 5th July 2007. I have a FP notice issued on 21st June ( my card got approved on 23rd June) for 19th July. Now my wife has recvd her notice for July 20th. Her case was filled only in June (ND 14th June). I have to drive 2 hour one way for my FP.
What should I do?
options:
1.I ignore my FP and do my wife's FP on 20th.
2. Try to get both FP done on 19th. ( ASC can ask my wife to return next day)
3. Try to do both FP's on 20th?

thanks in advance.
485_spouse

I got my physical GC on 5th July 2007. I have a FP notice issued on 21st June ( my card got approved on 23rd June) for 19th July. Now my wife has recvd her notice for July 20th. Her case was filled only in June (ND 14th June). I have to drive 2 hour one way for my FP.
What should I do?
options:
1.I ignore my FP and do my wife's FP on 20th.
2. Try to get both FP done on 19th. ( ASC can ask my wife to return next day)
3. Try to do both FP's on 20th?

thanks in advance.
485_spouse
Go on the 20th -- your wife's case is the one that is pending - so that is the most important appt.

See if they need to do anything for your case when you go on 20th (probably nothing for you)