Finger printing question

thukralrk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My Filing date for I485 was Nov 11th 2001, and Receipt Notice date is Nov 23rd.

I received FP notice on March 27th 2002 and FP was done on April 29th 2002 at Detroit.

Till today the Atomated Voice response system at Nebraska Service Center says that a notice for FP appointment was sent to you on March 22nd. I called up the INS office to find out that my FP is not received by NE service center from the local INS office. The immigration officer assured me that this is not unusual for FP to take so much of time to travel from local office to NE.

Does anyone had similar experience? Is there anything that I could do to expidite the process? How long is it taking to get approval notice after FP?

Your answer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am in a similar situation thukral. My FP was done on May 23rd and stil AVM says a FP notice was sent to you...
Was yours a manual FP like mine.

I am in the same boat... too but more.

Please check for a separate thread for my case with more intrecacies...

Mine was manual process too and the AVM has not updated the fact that the FP was done (on Jun. 3, 2002).

Thanks

Thanks T-Rex.

Mine was electronic capture of FP. They took FP on paper for my wife ... same day ... same centre.

This may mean that probably AVM is not regularly updated, or INS / FBI slow in their process to evaluate and clear FPs.

Thanks