Finger printing Question !! please help gurus

paras mani

Registered Users (C)
I had called FBI yesterday to check the status of my FP. They said that they responded back to INS on the same day the FP was reveived ( which is the same day the FP was taken also). Does this mean that FP quality was bad ?? Can FBI be so fast that they can clear it on the same day ?

Has anyone else had similar experience ???

Please answer !!!!!

No Title

The same story. My husband just talked to FBI- they refused to let us know if the quality of FP was bad and they rejected them. We are very nervous... We\'ll call INS in a couple of days- hopefully they tell us anything.

No Title

The same story. My husband just talked to FBI- they refused to let us know if the quality of FP was bad and they rejected them. We are very nervous... We\'ll call INS in a couple of days- hopefully they tell us anything.

No Title

Hi there.
I got the same response from FBI, saying that they have sent my FP back to VSC ?
I\'ve been trying to call VSC, but no response at all.
Did you get any news regarding your issue ?
Thanks for your help
Gati

No Title

What do you mean: no response? You could not get through or they would not give you any information? How long ago was your FP taken?

No Title

They were unable to give me any information. My FP was taken on January,29, 2001 and the FBI sent the reponse back to INS in the same day.
Did you get any information from INS ? Which number did you call ?
Thanks and have a good day
Gathy

No Title

So, INS was unable to give you any info? Is is because :
1. they do not have access to it
2. they won\'t give it to you over the phone
3. they did not receive it from FBI
 We\'ll call INS on Monday and try to talk to an officer. We\'ll see.

No Title

My husband\'s FPs were sent to INS at the same day they were taken. Since it was on Friday he decided not to call INS at the same day, but called on Monday. An officer he spoke with was very nice and said that they got his FPs cleared and will start working on his case within 90 days or so. I hope this helps. We don\'t know why they would not tell you your result. I would try to call again.

No Title

Thanks for the information. I do appreciate that.
I\'ll try to call them again. By the way, just to confirm with you, which number did you call ?
Good luck
Gathy

No Title

Hi Guys, I had my finger printing done last week and when I called FBI I was told that the FBI sent the results to INS on the same day my finger prints were taken. I can understand its shouldn\'t take long for FBI to do background check (since they do though computer using SSN number.. its should take no more than an hour), but I still like to hear from you all since you may had the same problem. Did FBI rejects anyone/all of your finger prints whoever results were sent to INS on the same day.

The question I have is this. I\'m employed in TSC area but for some reason the I-485 was filed at VSC. When I ask the lady at FBI as to which center the finger prints results were sent...she said that it doesn;t matter where my case is. FBI will put the results on the system at all canters can access it. Is it true? should I be concern? Please respond.

Its not true that FBI responds same day

I was told by my lawyer that FBI is not supposed to discuss your finger printing info with you (Its none of our business really). They have 2 standard answers 1. We can\'t discuss that.... 2. We responded to INS right away according to the standards etc., When they say we responded same day, or not they all get same treatment at the FBI Finger printing center in Arlington VA. IT means nothing to us , atleast most of us.. unless you have FELONY charges in your life. Traffic tickets, parking tickets, even drunk driving tickets (in some states) are not felonies. Have you been arrested and have a RAP sheet? That\'s when it adds additional time for FBI to investigate. Normally, FBI does report back to INS within 30 days , not same day really.. (unless they made the process simpler in the past 2 months).

So, keep your peace...