Finger printing notice recieved !

oblix_new

Registered Users (C)
I am one of those "lost" cases, Recpt date May 2001, Notice date August 2001.

I recieved the FP notice yesterday by mail for myself and all my family members.

Once every two months, I did call up the IIO and ask for the FP, but it did not seem to have any effect. All I got was a bunch of excuses or just instructions to wait my turn.

I do sincierely hope and pray that this is the light at the end of the tunnel, I have been so desperately waiting for !

Note: I have logged on using a new id as my old id (oblix) would not work. The system would not send me a new password and finally I created a new id to post this message.

RE

Hi oblix
I have the same RD and ND like you, and yet no FP.
Did the online msg change in ur case? and what state are u in?
Thanx

tracker not updated

When I filed for 485, I was in GA (Atlanta). However I recently moved to CO (Denver).

I did call up the IIO to have my change of address logged into the system. It seems that the FP notice was sent out within few days of my converstation with the IIO. However, since earlier conversations had no effect, I think this was just a coincidence.

Did the service center changed?

Was the FP notice sent by TSC. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that your case was transferred to another service center.

Congratulations!

Did the service center changed?

Was the FP notice sent by TSC. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that your case was transferred to another service center.

Congratulations!

Just talked to an IIO

Hi, good afternoon.
I just called 214-381-1423 and talked to an IIO about my FP. Although she is nice and polite, I am still wondering how accurate her information is. She told me that my FP was scheduled for October 2001 (one year ago). I asked her is it 'ordered' or 'scheduled'? She said it was scheduled. Then I told her I never received the FP notice, please resent another one for me. She asked me my home phone number and told me an office is going to call me at home to inform me my FP schedule. I told her I will not be at home during the daytime, then she get my office phone number. I asked her to send the FP to me by mail, I need a FP notice in written form to do it. But she repeated that someone is going to call me to schedule me for the FP. I never heard anybody get a call from INS, I don't want to think that she is a lier, her tone is very nice and polite. I will wait for one week, and call them again.

she is right

I was also told that a supervisor will call me and i believe he/she did. I just missed the call. It was from Dallas (214 area code). So be on the alert.

Thanks, TSC Hopeful

Thanks for your information. How did you know that TSC called you? Did they left any instructions for you in your voice mail? If I missed the phone call, what should I do next? Will they call me again? or should I call them again?

Thanks a lot.

Call from TSC

I know INS called because my caller ID shows (214) 381 xxxx

381 is the prefix for INS and I do not expect calls from Texas. Besides. they promised to call. What should we do if the call is missed? Let's hope it's scheduled anyway. I guess there is no harm calling INS again.

Call from TSC

I know INS called because my caller ID shows (214) 381 xxxx

381 is the prefix for INS and I do not expect calls from Texas. Besides. they promised to call. What should we do if the call is missed? Let's hope it's scheduled anyway. I guess there is no harm calling INS again.

more information

This is to reply imi555's query:

EB category: EB2
Priority: Jan 2000

About the other issues in the thread:

I did speak with the IIO many times, over the past year. All they told me was they would send an e-mail to the scheduler and that my FP would be scheduled in next 1-2 months. However, my FP was scheduled more than 5 months from the date when they first told me this.

I have NEVER been told that the FP has already been scheduled and somebody would call me. This seems quite unusual....but hey, this is TSC !

Hi, Oblix:

When you call TSC, did they ever ask you if you are still working for the original employers? Thank you in advance.

no questions asked

No questions were asked, about employment or anything else !

Once the IIO asked me if I wanted to change my address, in case I had moved, but nothing more.

I spoke to a IIO again

Hi, good morning.
I just called 214-381-1423 again. After I gave her my case number, she said that she just talked to me couple days ago, why I am calling again. I didn't expect to get the same officer. Anyway, she is still nice and polite. I told her that last time she told me to waiting for a call from INS regarding my FP. I have been waiting in front of my office telephone everyday without even going out for lunch, but no body called me from INS at all. She said they may or maynot call me, but they are going to send me the FP notice by mail. I ask her when I can expect it, she said within next 45 days. I hope what she said will come to be true. Anyway I will try to call them every week to push them to do it. I just wondering if they have a specific IIO to answer calls from certain area code, or they keep a record every time when you called, or she just have a good memory to remember my last call which is three days ago.

Good luck to everybody.