Finger Printing needed for EAD Renewal

sasimks

Registered Users (C)
Someone know the USCIS sends FP for EAD renewal ? My lawyer sent my EAD renewal on 7/16/2008 and i did not get the FP notice yet. I have received the receipt from USCIS that the EAD renewal is received. There are cases already approved when i look at it in trackitt. I am wondering why there is no FP notice sent to me yet

for ead renewal no need of FP for sure. I have done it. I see on trackitt, there are lot of ppl getting 485 approved without FP's.

FP needed/not needed

Someone know the USCIS sends FP for EAD renewal ? My lawyer sent my EAD renewal on 7/16/2008 and i did not get the FP notice yet. I have received the receipt from USCIS that the EAD renewal is received. There are cases already approved when i look at it in trackitt. I am wondering why there is no FP notice sent to me yet

Did you do your fingerprinting in last 10 months. If you have I dont think you need to do it again. That finger print will be enough.My EAD renewal was approved without fingerprinting. I filed around same time as you and I got a receipt notice. If you have filed with the help of a lawyer you dont get the receipt notice but the lawyer gets it.If you have sent a personal cheque for renewal , the cashed cheque should have the receipt no printed on its other side.

Best of luck.

IF you have paperfiled , you do not get finger prints. If you are efiled you will get finger prints notice. But not necessary.

Biometrics (one fingure only) is needed if you apply on line. no FP needed if you apply paper based, it is up to you

I have applied for Online EAD renewal few days back. When can I expect the Photo/Single Finger FP notice, ballpark ?

Existing EADs for me and my wife expire on 09/25/08. My wife is using the EAD, but I am not. Since we dont have much time left, what would be our situation if the EAD renewal does not come in by the time the existing one expires ?

Your feedback is appreciated.

I have applied for Online EAD renewal few days back. When can I expect the Photo/Single Finger FP notice, ballpark ?

Existing EADs for me and my wife expire on 09/25/08. My wife is using the EAD, but I am not. Since we dont have much time left, what would be our situation if the EAD renewal does not come in by the time the existing one expires ?

Your feedback is appreciated.

I assume both of you have pending I-485, if this is right, then your stay will be legal giving the fact that you have pending I-485 with or without EAD.
If you do not use your EAD, you do not need to renew it, EAD is an optional not a must.
Your wife needs valid EAD to continue working, if she did not receive it on time before expiration date, she can not work and shoud be on non pay leave. If she worked without valid EAD, she is violating immigration law.
But in any situation both of you will not be in illegal stay, the pending I-485 will protect you.