Finger Printing & INterview

sresan

Registered Users (C)
I have my finger printing scheduled next week. Is the interviewed scheduled after the finger printing clearance or is it a parallel event?

Please advise.

Thanks

sresan said:
I have my finger printing scheduled next week. Is the interviewed scheduled after the finger printing clearance or is it a parallel event?

Please advise.

Thanks

your finger prints most likely would be cleared on the same day or next day. you can call up the FBI to check (use search to get the info). however, i still have no idea when the interview would be scheduled.

sresan said:

Please advise.

Thanks

Inteview follows FP, nobody knows how long after.

Usually FP are cleared within 24 hours.

I have my naturalization interview scheduled already, but did not receive a FP notice. I suspect that this is because FP's were recently taken for my GC renewal. However, I have also seen opinions posted on this forum that separate FP's are required for every application.

Any thoughts on whether I might be held up later at interview because of this? How about my chances of getting the second $70 biometrics fees refunded? :rolleyes:

soupdragon said:
I have my naturalization interview scheduled already, but did not receive a FP notice. I suspect that this is because FP's were recently taken for my GC renewal. However, I have also seen opinions posted on this forum that separate FP's are required for every application.

Any thoughts on whether I might be held up later at interview because of this? How about my chances of getting the second $70 biometrics fees refunded? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, you should have another set of FP for your naturalization, even though you had it done not long ago for your GC renewal.
About the $70 refunded...I don't think so.

Thanks, I was just wondering what the trend is between the Receipt Notice dates of the N400 and the processing dates posted on the USCIS web site.

How credible is the processing dates posted on USCIS website?

Suzy,

Thanks for the encouragement ;) .

I have a couple of reasons for thinking I may not get a FP notice.

Some acquaintances applied for naturalization near to the same time as me. They received FP notices, had their biometrics taken at the same office as my GC appointment, and now have interviews at the same time as me. When I discovered this, I of course contacted the USCIS help line.

Since the first USCIS representative could not help, they forwarded me to an immigration officer. I got the usual question "how did you get to this line ... ?". I told him the above circumstances, but the only record was for my PD NOA. Soon after I received my interview appointment notice.

I do not really care about the biometrics fee, but any unexpected delays would be disappointing. :(

foreverafter,

I do not think the processing dates on the USCIS homepage have too much credibility. As I have stated in another post, Orlando DO is currently listing priority dates for May 2005. This is inconsistent with my experience, and the other cases of which I am aware.

soupdragon said:
Suzy,

Thanks for the encouragement ;) .

Sorry, I didn't mean that, but the way I know USCIS made to come up with that opinion.

If I was wrong, let us know, so others in a similar situation with yours can ask to have the previous FP used for Naturalization and the $70 refunded.