Finger Printing..........How Long

MunnaHyderabadi

Registered Users (C)
Its been 6 months from my Reciept Date......i havent heard anything about fingerprinting........i am lost...........pl advice..........

RD: Nov,22, 2002
EAD: jan 10,2003
AP : jan 8,2003
:confused:

It’s taking up to 2 years to approve I485 Employment based petitions. Fingerprint clearances are valid for 15 (or 14) months. I think BCIS is waiting a little longer to issue FP appointments to ensure the fingerprint files don’t expire, which means they would have to redo it.

Rgds,
sadiq

RD 12/18/01
AP: ?

Dude,
I tell you this not to scare you, but share my experience (may be unique).
My RD is 12/01, and they sent two FP notices (verbatim) in my spouse's name in 6/02. My lawyer's instant reaction was that they sent tow notices to my spouse by mistake, and they should have instead sent one to me. Spoke to an IIO, and they insisted that they had sent it already, but I can bet they never did, finally they re-sent my FP notice, and I did my FP in 8/02.
I am still waiting to hear. During all this time, the voice message has not changed. It just says it takes 450 to 480 days blah..blah..
Take this input as an FYI. Hang in there it will turn out fine in the end. Good Luck!!!

hey chikki

i didnt try phone# to iio's
can you tell me what phone#'s should i call to findout status.......and what are the best times to reach them......

appriciate your help

Munna,
When I tried (last sept) it was the number begining with 402 as stated in the I -485 notice.
Now that they are BCIS, I believe the National Customer Service Center phone number is (800) 375-5283.
You may want to try calling them at 7.58AM (CST), and start playing with their options, don't hang-up, and once the time ticks to 8 AM, choose the option to speak with an IIO. I guess that works most of the time.
Good Luck!!! Take it easy!!!!
:)