Finger-Printing for cases in local office

anujsingla

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred to Chicago USCIS Office from Nebraska center in December 2004 and I also had interview for I-485 on June 27, 2005. Officer found the case approvable but the case was not approved due to unavailability of visas for applicants from India in EB3 category.

My question is regarding the finger-printing. The first finger-printing for me and my wife was done in May 2004 and June 2004 respectively. It’s more than one year since then, and we should be scheduled for finger-printing again. How do we deal with local center (Chicago). Do we need to call the Chicago center to schedule the appointment for finger-printing or Chicago center will itself call for finger-printing (It's been 21 months since last finger-printing).

Has anyone received the finger-printing notice from lthe local center.

Any input in this matter would be really appreciated.

My case details:
EB3-RIR-India (PD: March 2003)
I-140/1-485 filed in Oct 2003
Ist Finger-Printing: May 2004
I-140 approved: Dec 2004
I-485 transferred to Chicago: Dec 2004
Interview for I-485: June 2005 (no GC due to retrogression)

Last edited by a moderator:
Our cases are similar to yours. However, before the interview date (07/12/05), we received a letter from the local office (Orlando FL) to complete the finger printing and photo taken and we did that. We haven't received any communication from the local office since then.

All the best!

Do you figure it out ?

I have the same situation as your, do you figure it out? please share, thanks

LA_GC485
-----------------------------------------
EB3-RIR-China (PD: Nov. 2001)
140/485 RD: Oct. 2003
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004
Interview Letter received : Jun. 2005
Interview date: Jul 13, 2005
485 AD: ??

anujsingla said:
My case was transferred to Chicago USCIS Office from Nebraska center in December 2004 and I also had interview for I-485 on June 27, 2005. Officer found the case approvable but the case was not approved due to unavailability of visas for applicants from India in EB3 category.

My question is regarding the finger-printing. The first finger-printing for me and my wife was done in May 2004 and June 2004 respectively. It’s more than one year since then, and we should be scheduled for finger-printing again. How do we deal with local center (Chicago). Do we need to call the Chicago center to schedule the appointment for finger-printing or Chicago center will itself call for finger-printing (It's been 21 months since last finger-printing).

Has anyone received the finger-printing notice from lthe local center.

Any input in this matter would be really appreciated.

My case details:
EB3-RIR-India (PD: March 2003)
I-140/1-485 filed in Oct 2003
Ist Finger-Printing: May 2004
I-140 approved: Dec 2004
I-485 transferred to Chicago: Dec 2004
Interview for I-485: June 2005 (no GC due to retrogression)

Perhaps my experience can help --

My wife and I had our fps taken last Februry. This morning we went a local ASC and have the fps taken again.

We haven't received any fp notices and all we did was to present the manager there our I-485 and explained to her the expiration of our previous fps. She was really nice and at first insisted on seeing the fp notice from USCIS and said it was the policy.

I was eager to do this since our NCs have been completed.

I am wondering if the two $70 checks cover the 2nd time fp, since I was not asked to pay. Another thing is that I asked our photos to be taken but they said they are not necessary.

I forgot to mention that the ASC is in a relatively remote area and I do not see many people waiting there. Tha manager said next time I need to bring in a notice. Hope this helps. Good luck, everyone.

2nd Finger Printing-additional Fee?

Hi,
I have appointment for 2nd fingerprints scheduled for next month & I'm not sure if I have to pay another $70 or not.
My case is in local office, EB 3 , after interview-just waiting for fingerprints & visa# (another 2 months).
Please let me know. If yes where check should be mail to?

Thanks,
Alicja :)

I do not think you need to donate another $70 for your 2nd fingerprint.

When you file 485, you might have already included the $70 for fp and that amount should be good for multiple fps.

Anyway I was not asked to pay but it does not hurt if you take your checkbook with you on the day of fp.