finger print

unhappytoolong

Registered Users (C)
I filed my 485 beginning of oct 02 so, my EAC starts with 03.
I got my 140 approved couple months ago, but I haven't got a notice about FP yet.

Since it seems like BCIS only processed cases with almost expiring FP, I would like to have all my documents being "ready" before BCIS reviews them one day (God knows when!).

Even if I do it right now, I am pretty sure that within now till the day I got it approved should be less than 15 months since I have waited for 10 months already...

I saw some 485 applicant around my +/- ( around Oct 1 up to Oct 8, 02) ND have not gotten any FP notice or schedule yet. Something is wierd here...
Should I go to local office to do fingerprint?

You need a notice from BCIS before you go for FP. Someone tried to go for 2nd FD without the notice and was successful. But we don't know the details. You can try your luck by going there.

unhappytoolong ...

No point ... they just will not entertain you ... The reason being that there is a "Bar Code" on the FP Notice that INS sends to you and without scanning that Bar code they cannot do anything
even if you convince them to take your physical finger prints.

But you can still easily wait another 4-6 months and then probably call NSC's 800 number and request for a FP notice.

write or call?

Is it possible to "write" to the BCIS directly since it's really hard to get connected to BCIS through phone?

unhappytolong, manumahi has a form which you can use to send inquiry to VSC. ask him. he can fax you.