finger print

yiyiyi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed I-485 with Vermont INS last month. And I got I-485 receipt and finger print notice yesterday. The finger print was scheduled sometime in May. Does some body have the same situation. Because I was a little surprised that I got those things so fast.

I know some friends filed I-485 in 2001 and have not done finger print yet.

Any opinion? how long have you guys waited after finger print but before GC approval?

Thank you!

FP is one of the documents for I485.

and THEN UR process of waiting begins. Getting earlier FP does not mean quick process.

During these "terror" period BCIS is probably getting as many FP s as possible into data base :D:D

Do not come to this forum untill 1 more year. U will become sick every day just like many others who kept open their eyes even in night for approvals.....

I pity ...

i heard, before 9/11 incident, the date of FP used to be a good measure to predict the AD of I-485, however, these days it means nothing. They just wanna have people's FP ASAP for their security policies, and in fact, almost all I-485 applicants at VSC have their FP done within a few months of RD of I-485 application. and must wait "at least" 12-14 months from the date of FP to get the GC approval.

YiYiYi

FBI check using your finger prints is part of 485 approval process. It has to be done to approve your 485. If you finish this, you have done your job and ball is in the INS court. Whether and when they are going to hit back with RFE or Approval is any body's guess!!

You can also go earlier than the date stated in your FP notice. I did that. Ensure that you reach the INS office early (7 am).

Once you are done with FP, Welcome to the club.

- Bob
RD: 02/01/2002
ND:02/19/2002
EAC-02-113-XXXXX

Would anyone care to enlighten me on the dubious advantages of getting your FP's done earlier?.. Not only does it disrupt the normal workflow of the BCIS support center where prints are taken; there's also a chance that thay'll refuse to see you without an appointment. To top it all off, if the present snail pace of processing AOS application remains, it's all but certain that your FP's done earlier will have expired by the time your I-485 is ready to be adjudicated. Everyone knows what that means -- another FP fee, a few more hours in line at the BCIS support facility, etc., etc. I'd suggest to everyone: DO NOT RUSH to be FP'd earlier than the specified date, UNLESS there's a veryvery valid reason for doing so. My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stripped

You are absolutely correct. With the current BCIS pace, its a good idea to delay the finger printing, if you can or stick to the appointment date. No point in hurrying.

Its already 12 months, since I gave finger prints at then INS support center. My RD is Feb '02. With the current trend, I don't expect approval within the next three months. I might have to pay another visit to BCIS office soon.

- Bob

Getting FP done earlier does not speed up or provide any advantage during the I485 stage. It is part of the process and clearance is needed for 485 before approval.

In fact, it might prove a disadvantage if an early FP is done and 485 is not approved within 15 months of it as you would have to do the FP again (FP expires in 15 months).

finger print request

Hi Bob,

You said you did finger print earlier than the scheduled time. When you went to do your finger print, did you call INS to make appoitment or just went there?

Thanks,

Yiyiyi

YiYiYi

My original appointment for finger prints was 4/30/2002. But, I went to the INS support center in Philadelphia on 4/2/2002. I didn't call anyone. I directly went to the center and showed them the appointment letter and asked them whether they can take my fingerprints or not. They said, they will. Did it, after waiting for about 2 hours.

If you are looking for expansion of acronym RFE, it is Request For Evidence. The documents submitted by you are either not complete or insufficient and they need more evidence.

- Bob

do not go earlier

if you go earlier based on the current rate, you will have to fingerp. it again next august 2004

my spouse had to reschedule it, lawyer said not to worry since probably her case would take two years. : :eek: