Finger print

phulan

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to know if the finger prints are always taken on paper or do they have electronic scanners too to take the finger prints?

You are correct, your 2 options are paper and FP scanners. Supposedly the scanner response time is 5 minutes vs paper 5 days. Read the threads on 485's. Good luck
Roy1

Depends on the office

Phulan,

The office we went to had electronic machines. I think most offices should have the electronic machines but I am not sure.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
Phulan,

The office we went to had electronic machines. I think most offices should have the electronic machines but I am not sure.

regards,

saras

Hi saras76
COmpleted my FP on Feb05 but neither received any Email nor LUD changes. How do we know that everything went Okay or Not?

You can call FBI

s2b2,

The only way to find out if your FPs were processed by the FBI and returned to USCIS is to call them and ask. I do not have the numbers on me right now but you can find the numbers to the FBI somewhere in these forums. They will be able to tell you if they recieved the FPs and if they forwarded them. The other part is the name check. People have been able to find out about their name checks by sending emails to the FBI. I also do not have that email on me right now. The FBI has been known to take 2-3 months to reply to emails about namechecks. There are a lot of horror stories associated with namechecks. I have read some forums where people have been waiting for their name check to be completed for almost 1-2 years. I am hoping that these people are an exception to the rule.

There has been no change in my status since FP (no LUD change, no update)but I am hoping for atleast LUD changes in the next few weeks. If I see nothing by the end of March I will have to start following up with the FBI and such. I hope none of us have to do that.

saras

saras76 said:
s2b2,

The only way to find out if your FPs were processed by the FBI and returned to USCIS is to call them and ask. I do not have the numbers on me right now but you can find the numbers to the FBI somewhere in these forums. They will be able to tell you if they recieved the FPs and if they forwarded them. The other part is the name check. People have been able to find out about their name checks by sending emails to the FBI. I also do not have that email on me right now. The FBI has been known to take 2-3 months to reply to emails about namechecks. There are a lot of horror stories associated with namechecks. I have read some forums where people have been waiting for their name check to be completed for almost 1-2 years. I am hoping that these people are an exception to the rule.

There has been no change in my status since FP (no LUD change, no update)but I am hoping for atleast LUD changes in the next few weeks. If I see nothing by the end of March I will have to start following up with the FBI and such. I hope none of us have to do that.

saras

Thank you Saras76.

Since I am also in the same boat Keep posting your updated information if any. I will do the same thing. Hope for the best.

saras76 said:
s2b2,

Can you please post your details?

thanks,

saras

PD: Oct 2001
I140:Sep2004
I485 Sep2004
FP: Done on Feb10th
I140 Approval: ?????
I485 Approval: ?????

Thanks