Finger print trouble, please help!

GC_finder0206

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I filed I485 on 7/8/2001, I am the primary applicant, our receipt date is 7/10/2001. My husband received his FP notice on 11/20/2001 and did FP on 12/21/2001 in Newark, NJ. But I still have not received my FP notice, our lawyer said the INS computer made a mistake and didn\'t send my FP request to Newark, and INS can not correct the error now, they can only send my FP request to Newark when INS begin to process my case, now my case is in waiting queue, so what we can do now is waiting, because I am the primary applicant, both my husband and my case will be delayed, anybody has same experience? I am so frustrating now, is it useful that I ask the congressman for help? Thhanks a lot for response.

I was in similar situation, now ok after calling INS

Hi,
I was in a similar situation not long ago. As the primary applicant, I did my FP back in last November (RD last Apr.). My wife got her FP notice just a few days ago.

I called the INS three times and the attorney\'s office called once. during my last call I asked the IIO (a nice lady) to do us such a favor: get my wife\'s file and pass it to the FP department. Noticing that people who filed their applications 5-6 months later were get their FP noticed, the IIO agreed. She told me to wait for one week or so. Later when we got the notice, I saw it was issued the day that I called the INS.

It could be that we are lucky, but why don\'t you have a try?

Good luck.

How to contact IIO?

Hi,
    I have the same situation here.
    I have tried several weeks to call VSC, but never success, how can you get it?
    Thanks a lot

Any luck, j_lee1 ?

I am almost in the same situation as you are. Th eonly difference is I am the principal and have had my FP done on 12/21/01 where as my wife has not received a FP date as yet. I have tried calling a few times and got through, but to very unhelpful IIO at VSC. On the othe hand, my lawyet tried to call and had no good progress. All we were told every time we got through to an IIO was that there are no problems with my wife\'s case, but it is ataking time and the case is in progress.

Any luck with your case ? On the other hand, I have been told by many people (also on this forum) that since your and your husband\'s cases are tow separate ones, there should be no negative imapct on your husabnd\'s case processing due to the fact that you have not had your FP as yet. I guess, that is logical. But, you never know what is INS\'s mind. Please post your status if anything changes....

Good luck.

FP Not received

I have the same problem here. I got FP notice for next month 14. My wife did not received FP notice. Since it is different cases I don\'t think it will not effect my GC processing. I heard there are many cases like this. Be cool, you will get it.

Just keep re-dial, that\'s only way out...

In my experience if your phone have redial funcation, you\'ll get-in after 5 to 10 minutes. Don\'t give up.