Finger Print Reschedule (Prepone)

delux

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have just recieved notice for my 2nd finger printing unfortunately its 6 weeks from now and I have to be abroad at the time (I will come back if I have to). Is there some way of requesting the INS to reschedule the appointment for an earlier date or can I do this with the local INS office?

Details:

WAC02101xxxxx
Feb' 02

Its been a long wait.

Thanks.

Don't wait so long. I got an FP notice on 08/30 for an FP at Oakland on 09/23. Well, I had my FP done on 08/31 at San Jose. They didn't ask any questions. In case they do, just let those folks know that you have to travel abroad and that you need to have your FP done earlier.

Hope this helps.

Do it Now

Dude,

No need to reschedule the FP appointment. I got my first FP notice recently for mid october at SJ center. I just went this tuesday and did it. No one even checked the date on the notice. Go do it now. I would recommend going in the afternoon, around 3, it was not crowded and it was a walkin - walkout typa thing.

Good luck.

485_if_ever - i did the same day too

485_if_ever, I did my FP at SJ center on 8/31 also. Did your online status change after that. No updates on mine yet. Just wondering....

thunderstruck said:
485_if_ever, I did my FP at SJ center on 8/31 also. Did your online status change after that. No updates on mine yet. Just wondering....

No, it did not. But I called the FBI and found that they recd and sent back the information on 08/31 itself.

You can call 304 625-5590 and select option 3. You will need your A# when you talk to them.

485_if_ever - online status update ?

485_if_ever,

Did your online status get updated after your FP. No change with mine? Just wondering.....

Online status change

Just now got an email from the automated service, USCIS that they have received my FP review results and processing will resume.
1st FP scheduled - oct 12
1st FP done - aug 31
1st Fp recd - spet 03

delux said:
Hi,

I have just recieved notice for my 2nd finger printing unfortunately its 6 weeks from now and I have to be abroad at the time (I will come back if I have to). Is there some way of requesting the INS to reschedule the appointment for an earlier date or can I do this with the local INS office?

Details:

WAC02101xxxxx
Feb' 02

Its been a long wait.

Thanks.

Go on a Wed or Sat and try your luck I did my FP weeks early. there is no harm in trying to get it done early.

thunderstruck said:
485_if_ever,

Did your online status get updated after your FP. No change with mine? Just wondering.....

My online status changed last night to

'On September 3, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.'

I called up the 800 number yesterday to inquire about why the status has not changed till now. Maybe this change was in response to that inquiry.

Can you gimme your details. As in EB category, RD for I485, any RFEs etc. Lets keep track of the developments from now on...

thunderstruck said:
Can you gimme your details. As in EB category, RD for I485, any RFEs etc. Lets keep track of the developments from now on...

My receipt date is Jan 31, 2003. Category - EB 2. RFE raised and responded to for wife and son. No RFEs for me (yet).

Finally got my second FP notice yesterday - went to the SJ office this morning (saturday). In and Out in 12 minutes. Completely pleasant experience all round. No questions asked as to why I showed up 6 weeks early.

Btw, no changes to LUD at all for months, now.

Delux, if you still haven't gone in, just go and do it.

2nd Fingerpinting done ...

Thanks for the responses ....

Went into the NYC office on Friday, in and out in about 1hr. (My 485 has been filed in Cali, but I live in NYC, company based in Cali).

My next question, on average how long after the 2nd finger printing does one get an approval notice (knowing fully well that its anybody's guess).

Thanks once again..

Delux - I've been scanning people's experiences on this board, and it looks like aproximately 2-4 weeks.

Some folks wait longer, up to about about 3 months.

There appears to be three possible outcomes: an approval, an RFE, or transfer to a local office for an interview.

delux...did you have the FP originally scheduled at NYC office ?

delux said:
Thanks for the responses ....

Went into the NYC office on Friday, in and out in about 1hr. (My 485 has been filed in Cali, but I live in NYC, company based in Cali).

My next question, on average how long after the 2nd finger printing does one get an approval notice (knowing fully well that its anybody's guess).

Thanks once again..