Finger Print rejected twice.

Still waiting.

Did any one receive approval in similar situation?

My daughter's case is still pending. We have sent the 5 year background check in Nov' 2004. Made numerous enquiries.

Senator's office and congressman's office are still working to find the information.

I haven't received anything from CIS since the second FP ( 3/30/0). I called congressman office for help, they called CIS and found out that my case has been sent to Washington DC due to FPs rejected 3 times. But my third FP never took place. My attorney's assoicate told me that my case is not current, they could not send inquiry. I don't know what should I do. Could you let me know when CIS sent you REF for Conduct Certificate? After the second FP rejection? or after third FP rejection?

Thanks,

Keep calling USCIS office

Keep calling USCIS office. If Washington DC is your local office, then it may be good thing. You may get an interview and get your GC cleared.

2 FPs rejected (unclassified) - APPROVED w/o interview

2004_GC said:
Did you hear anything from USCIS...any RFE or something...please let us know. Thanks.

My first FP was in Nov 2004, then second one was in Dec 2004 (2 week-gap). In December I came from my EAD FP - Luckily the director remembered me, and told me that my first FP was uncassified (rejected). Without my 2nd FP notice from INS, ASC took my second FP that day, together with EAD FP. And of course - my second FP was unclassified too 'coz so many lines, and they would not do for the third one. In the mid of April 2005, my lawyer received RFE for Police Clearance letter - INS received my response in mid of May 2005. On June 8, my case was approved without any interview.

tsar said:
My first FP was in Nov 2004, then second one was in Dec 2004 (2 week-gap). In December I came from my EAD FP - Luckily the director remembered me, and told me that my first FP was uncassified (rejected). Without my 2nd FP notice from INS, ASC took my second FP that day, together with EAD FP. And of course - my second FP was unclassified too 'coz so many lines, and they would not do for the third one. In the mid of April 2005, my lawyer received RFE for Police Clearance letter - INS received my response in mid of May 2005. On June 8, my case was approved without any interview.

Did you sent the original or copies of Police certificates? Please let us know.
BTW, congratulations for your approval!!

greenbelt66 said:
I haven't received anything from CIS since the second FP ( 3/30/0). I called congressman office for help, they called CIS and found out that my case has been sent to Washington DC due to FPs rejected 3 times. But my third FP never took place. My attorney's assoicate told me that my case is not current, they could not send inquiry. I don't know what should I do. Could you let me know when CIS sent you REF for Conduct Certificate? After the second FP rejection? or after third FP rejection?

Thanks,

We got RFE after 2nd FP rejection. However we did receive 3rd FP notice and were sent back home by ASC without actually taking it.

greenbelt66 said:

Thanks,

We got RFE after 2nd FP notice. However we received third FP and were sent back by ASC without actually taking it. Hope this helps.

2004_GC said:
Did you sent the original or copies of Police certificates? Please let us know.
BTW, congratulations for your approval!!

Thank you - Finally we got approved after 7 year-wait.

We sent the original police clearance - I thought that was they wanted. Police Clearance is FREE from Police Department of city/cities where you live within the last 5 years.

GC_2004, Thank you for your response. I saw my LUD is changed yesterday and the day before yesterday, but no message change. I am waiting to see what's going on...

Tsar, Congratulations for your approve !!!!

tsar said:
Thank you - Finally we got approved after 7 year-wait.

We sent the original police clearance - I thought that was they wanted. Police Clearance is FREE from Police Department of city/cities where you live within the last 5 years.

Thanks tsar. After the response received by USCIS, it approx took 3 weeks in your case. Great!!

Guide us.

Tsar,

We have sent police record for last 5 years in Nov. 2004. This was done when the ASC directed us to get police clearance when we went for 3rd finger print. We got the Police Clearance from Alabama state public office and sent it to TSC through our attorney. We did not receive any RFE.

We have taken help from senator. No result.

Now we are working through our congressman's office and attorney's office.

Do you have any other suggestion to get over this problem.

How to obtain police clearance? I filed through VSC, and my FPs was rejected twice too. I don't know if the same interview waiver rule apply to my situation.

Police Clearance.

When our FP was rejected twice, we received the 3rd FP notice and application support center director wrote on our notice to go for police clearance. We got the clearance on that letter's basis.

Police Clearance

We took the 3rd Finger Print notice. On this notice ASC director had written that Police Clearance is needed. That was sufficient.

You may be able to get the police clearance from City Police. Please check.

zc488a6 said:
Tsar,

We have sent police record for last 5 years in Nov. 2004. This was done when the ASC directed us to get police clearance when we went for 3rd finger print. We got the Police Clearance from Alabama state public office and sent it to TSC through our attorney. We did not receive any RFE.

We have taken help from senator. No result.

Now we are working through our congressman's office and attorney's office.

Do you have any other suggestion to get over this problem.

Since your daughter is derivative adjustment, and I assumed you are the primary applicant, they probably think that all adjustment under your case have been approved. You mentioned your wife's case was approved 6 months ago.

When our case was pending, I was primary and my 485 LUD kept changing. On the other hand, my husband LUD did not even change since 485 was filed. When mine was approved, his was approved on the same day.
Were yours and your wife's approval on the same date? What I am trying to say is your daughter case is probably hanging somewhere since there is no primary case that still open linked to hers.

I think you should make an infopass appt and visit immigration district office to inquire on your daughter case. Hopefully they will transfer you to the local office, and get things taken care there. When you go there, bring all her documents, your wife's and yours, including original police clerance.
You mentioned you sent Police Clearance without RFE back in Dec 2004. They may not receive it - :( BTW, have you had your passport stamped yet?

I am not a lawyer, but it's just a common sense and from my own experinces. :eek: Please don't wait for your attorney to write a letter to INS. Or waiting for any congressman - They won't do it quickly as you would like them to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
LCSilence said:
What documents are needed to get police clearance, and how long it takes?

Thanks

You just need to show your Driver License. You need to collect original police clearances from Police Departments City of where you have lived in the past 5 years. If the clerk asks what for, just tell it's for immigration purpose.

I got mine on the same day - right there! It depends on the city where you live, I guess. :cool:

Good Luck!

zc488a6 said:
When our FP was rejected twice, we received the 3rd FP notice and application support center director wrote on our notice to go for police clearance. We got the clearance on that letter's basis.

My clearance was a piece of copied paper with a big stamp on, which said "NO RECORD" - That's it. When I saw that letter, I kinda doubted it. It did not look convincing at all. :D Well - I guess INS TSC officer just needed that piece of paper to approve 485 case :p

Here is the actual email I received when they got my RFE:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 2, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

850 and 900 days before a decision is made? I am going to be an old man with GC.

I have moved around a lot for the past 5 years. However, I always live in the same county. Do I have to have all the addresses I have lived with me?