Finger Print Redo

sankarnp

Registered Users (C)
RD 09/21/2001
I got a notice asking me to redo my fingerprints. It gave me an appointment date of October 8th.
I remember reading older messages in this forum that said I can get my finger prints taken earlier than the date mentioned. Can any body please confirm that

Sankar

Early FP depends upon the discretion of the center where one goes for FP. Several centers allow earlier FPs and several don't.

Since you did not mention your designated FP center, it's difficult to say about your situation.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

same to me

Guys,

My TD to Baltimore was 08/08 and yeserday, I got a notice for FP redo. I do not know why. I did my first FP on April 18.

I real worried why I have to do it again. Any idea??

what

Jigesh,Thanks for your reply.
My FP center is Dallas, Texas (Head office of my employer in Baltimore,so they filed Vermont).
I am going today to see if they allow me to give it.
I got no clue why they want to redo the FPs. I remember the first time they had lots of trouble for one imprint,kept on redoing it. The official said the machine was giving him trouble the whole day. I did not think it was that important. I wish I knew better.

FP redo...

I have a plan to go to INS for FP tomorrow.
My friend who did FP already gave me advice.
INS takes our FP and send it to FBI. FBI will capture it into computer to search criminal back log. In this case, FBI sometimes replys to INS that FP is not captured into computer appropriately due to too lighter, too dark etc, various reasons.
And INS will tell us redo FP, but it often takes long time to get 2nd FP notice. So my friend told me to ask contact tel. No after I did FP at INS. And call this tel no. after 1 week or so if there is no problem at my FP. With this one extra voluntarily step, we may be able to minimize the delay of our approval.

Thus, 2nd FP notice doesn't mean FBI found some suspect to us.

Hope it helps,
tmp

FP Redo: did this morning

Just an update.

I went and did my second FP this morning at Glenmont, MD. Hopefully, it will be Ok this time.

I met about 4 people this morning, with 8/8 transfer date, who had done their first FP at Glenmont back in April or May. What as surprise!!

What

FP Redo

Hi What,

I went to redo the FP today (at glenmont) and they told me that the first one was good and I don't need to do it again.

In your case did they check when you did it last time and cross checked in their system.

Jumbo Fun

Last edited by a moderator:
no

Jumbofun,

they just took my notice and took another series of FP. They did not do any cross check or anything.

Before I left, I asked why I had to do FP second time. One of the officer told me "it is normal. Most likely the FP they sent to FBI last time was not good enough."

Lastly, I asked him is there anyway I can check the status of new FP. He said "there is no way. And only FBI has access to the result of FP".

what