Finger Print Question!

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts:

When do you get finger print notice after you received both EAD and AP for I-485? I am planning to go outside USA and do not want to miss the finger print appoinment. Please let me know if you have any idea on this issue.

Thanks in advance! Good day.

Hello Experts:

When do you get finger print notice after you received both EAD and AP for I-485? I am planning to go outside USA and do not want to miss the finger print appoinment. Please let me know if you have any idea on this issue.

Thanks in advance! Good day.

No rhyme to this madness...for some, they get the FP notice along with EAD, for some they just get FP first and then EAD, AP..

it comes in no particular order.

Try calling USCIS for FP appointment

Guys my sincere advice is to keep calling USCIS...I did and was able to get an FP appointment (waiting for the actual notice though).

I filed on 7/2, got my receipts with ND of 8/12, got my EAD too but didn't get any FP notice.Initally, I thought the 7/2 rush and the local ASC's (I live in the bay area which is one of the backlogged centers in terms of FP) schedule will have an impact.I tried calling USCIS couple of times and also took an Infopass appointment but it didn't help.Finally, I read somewhere in the forums that some of the people were able to get a FP appointment by calling USCIS.So, I decided to give it a try and was successful.The IO gave me a date and told that the notice would be sent to my attorney.

No rhyme to this madness...for some, they get the FP notice along with EAD, for some they just get FP first and then EAD, AP..

it comes in no particular order.

At the Infopass appointment, I was told my the IO that the background check is pending and hence they will not be able to schedule an FP unless it is clear which I thought was BS.So, if you come across such IO's (this particular one was an immigrant herself barely able to speak proper english) ignore them and keep trying until you get to an sensible knowledgeable IO.

Guys my sincere advice is to keep calling USCIS...I did and was able to get an FP appointment (waiting for the actual notice though).

I filed on 7/2, got my receipts with ND of 8/12, got my EAD too but didn't get any FP notice.Initally, I thought the 7/2 rush and the local ASC's (I live in the bay area which is one of the backlogged centers in terms of FP) schedule will have an impact.I tried calling USCIS couple of times and also took an Infopass appointment but it didn't help.Finally, I read somewhere in the forums that some of the people were able to get a FP appointment by calling USCIS.So, I decided to give it a try and was successful.The IO gave me a date and told that the notice would be sent to my attorney.

Hey NikePhoros,

I also applied on July 2 and my ND is Sept 10,2007. Even I have not received my FP yet. When I called and spoke to an IO they told me that I should wait for 30-45 days from the notice date and then call back.

Could you tell me what you had to tell the IO so that he scheduled the appointment for you. For me the IO said that they have ordered the FP but it has not been mailed yet and it all depends on local ASC office. But people who have their ND 2 weeks after me have received their FP notices except me. I have spoken with at least 3 IOs seperately and all of them said I should wait for 30-45 days.

If you could tell me what are the options you dialed , which service center (TSC, NSC,etc) and what did you tell the IO. Did you directly tell them to schedule the appointment OR did they do this on their own.

Hey NikePhoros,

I also applied on July 2 and my ND is Sept 10,2007. Even I have not received my FP yet. When I called and spoke to an IO they told me that I should wait for 30-45 days from the notice date and then call back.

Could you tell me what you had to tell the IO so that he scheduled the appointment for you. For me the IO said that they have ordered the FP but it has not been mailed yet and it all depends on local ASC office. But people who have their ND 2 weeks after me have received their FP notices except me. I have spoken with at least 3 IOs seperately and all of them said I should wait for 30-45 days.

If you could tell me what are the options you dialed , which service center (TSC, NSC,etc) and what did you tell the IO. Did you directly tell them to schedule the appointment OR did they do this on their own.

same exact answers received by IOs...fp ordered but not mailed yet! My notice date is 8/27 from TSC.

So NikePhoros if you could let us know how were you able to get an appointment, that would be helpful. Thanks.

I got my FP notice yesterday.

I'm not sure if my call to USCIS (per my previous post) has trigerred the notice but the notice date is 3 days earlier than the day I called (ND is 8/1 and I called on 8/5). So, I have enough reason to believe that the FP depends upon local ASC's schedule.

Just in case if you still decide to call...try options 12261 and then enter your receipt no, listen to your case status, press 3 and then 4.You will be then transferred to the service center where your case was filed (this is important since if you call after hours you will be redirected to the national service center which is as good as you checking out your status on the USCIS website).Once you are connected to an IO tell them that you didn't get the biometrics appointment.All the best!

same exact answers received by IOs...fp ordered but not mailed yet! My notice date is 8/27 from TSC.

So NikePhoros if you could let us know how were you able to get an appointment, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got FP notice on 10/9/2007.
Appointment date on 10/19/2007
1-485 receipt date 8/13/2007

My question is all the receipts that I received from USCIS are not yet on their system and now I need to go for FP. I called USCIS customer about a week ago and was told to wait for 30 days to call back.

Today I tried to call again,but the system is not given me the link to customer service. It kept saying, call back between 6am to 8pm monday through friday. I called when it was 8 am central time.

Any help on this. I do not know if the FP officers would be able to work it out.