Finger print question

H

hjayana

Hello..

I am currently waiting on the FBI Name check.

My first Finger print was during July' 03. And my interview date was Nov'03.

My Question is do I need to go for the fingerprint check myself or does BCIS inform me to go for the finger prints since validity of the finger prints are 15 mos

let me know
-H

hjayana said:
Hello..

I am currently waiting on the FBI Name check.

My first Finger print was during July' 03. And my interview date was Nov'03.

My Question is do I need to go for the fingerprint check myself or does BCIS inform me to go for the finger prints since validity of the finger prints are 15 mos

let me know
-H
Looks like they have forgot about you case. call them or visit your local DO and wake them up. BTW. they have to send you a notice for your 2nd finger print.

I have a related question:

I was interviewed on 12/7 and my passport was stamped on the same day. But after that, I got a letter asking me to go to do fingerprint and signature for the green card. But my first finger print was done in Jan 2004 and it has not expired yet if they usually are valid for 15 months. Do I need to do the fingerprint again or should I just ignore it and waiting for the plastic card coming. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Better do it man. Dont ignore a message or action you have to take as instructed by INS. My case wasnt the same. But I also did 2 FP within 2 months period - 1 for 485 and 1 for EAD.
I was at about to ignore the second notice for FP but gave a call to the 800-...# and they told me it's mandatory cause that's for the EAD and It didnt matter that I had done FP a month ago because that was for 485.
It doesnt take long nor requires paperwork. Just do it :)

NBC_June04 said:
Better do it man. Dont ignore a message or action you have to take as instructed by INS. My case wasnt the same. But I also did 2 FP within 2 months period - 1 for 485 and 1 for EAD.
I was at about to ignore the second notice for FP but gave a call to the 800-...# and they told me it's mandatory cause that's for the EAD and It didnt matter that I had done FP a month ago because that was for 485.
It doesnt take long nor requires paperwork. Just do it :)

Thanks for the advise and I'll do it just for safe, even though in my case I have to take one day off from work and it costs my one day salary as well:)