finger print notice

svrabbit

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone receive the finger print notice from NSC recently? How long does it take to receive it after filing the 485?

My 485 was filed 2 months ago and I have not got the FP notice yet. To the people who got it - are USCIS sending it to the alien's home address, or company/attorney address?

Don't you worry my friend. You will receive it shortly.

Currently they are sending it for July/early august applicants. You will receive it soon.

Mine was filed End of July. No sign of FP notice.

svrabbit said:
Did anyone receive the finger print notice from NSC recently? How long does it take to receive it after filing the 485?

My 485 was filed 2 months ago and I have not got the FP notice yet. To the people who got it - are USCIS sending it to the alien's home address, or company/attorney address?

File early August, No FP too

Same here. File on Aug-02-2006. No sign of FP Notice.

I am very surprise to see a few folks file on October-2006 have already received their FP notices. I am still waiting ...

Anyone know what is going on?

:confused:

got my FP notice

I got my FP notice yesterday.

I think one need to wait for 2 to 3 months to receive FP notice after filing at NSC.

Good luck.

I-485@NSC:
FD:9/2/06, RD:9/4/06, ND:9/29/06.
FP appointment: 11/18/06 (my self) 11/13/06 (wife).

Last edited by a moderator:
my lawyer called yesterday that FP notice arrived for me and my spouse. the appointment will be next week.

filed concurrently to NSC, RD 9/05, ND 10/05. you'll probably get it anytime soon.

Emcuse! Wow, That is a long time.

Hi Emcuse,
Wow! That is really a long wait. 14 months on your FP notice. Are you sure you file in 2005 not 2006?

emcuse said:
my lawyer called yesterday that FP notice arrived for me and my spouse. the appointment will be next week.

filed concurrently to NSC, RD 9/05, ND 10/05. you'll probably get it anytime soon.

got my FP notice

Received my FP notice dated 11/1. My I-485 was filed back in the first week of September 06.

i'm sorry, i meant RD-9/05/06 and ND-10/05/06, missed to type the year. try to write them a letter, my spouse's inquiry was answered by email on the very day they received the inquiry letter. make sure to put "STATUS INQUIRY".

emcuse said:
i'm sorry, i meant RD-9/05/06 and ND-10/05/06, missed to type the year. try to write them a letter, my spouse's inquiry was answered by email on the very day they received the inquiry letter. make sure to put "STATUS INQUIRY".

Can you elaborate on it a bit more as to how that letter inquiry work? Like, whom shall the letter address to, and what type of inquiry is answered? Will they tell you the name check status? Thanks!

Sigh... All we can do is wait... :(

I file my 140 and 485 concurrently on 8/2/06. I am planning to upgrade my 140 to premium processing as soon as I get my FP notice.

However, if NSC delays my FP notice, I will just keep my $1000.

By the way, what do you guys think about the plan above -- file I140 premium processing when I get FP notice?

what is the benefit doing PP if you have FP?
I think it is same either u get your FP or not.

veggy & shovonbd

we sent the inquiry letter by certified mail a day before the approval was emailed - "after approving your case on nov 2, we ordered you a new card....." . so when we tracked the letter through usps, it was received by NSC around nov 6 or 7. and on that day (nov 7) we got another email saying "this case has been approved. on nov 7, we mailed you an approval notice..." i figured this was in response to the inquiry we mailed, or i don't know if it was SOP to send another email telling that the case was approved.

we sent the letter to PO BOX 82521, Lincoln, NE 68501-2521 (not sure of the zip). realizing that the phone inquiry system was not so helpful at all, we decided to swrite a letter because i got an FP appointment but he did not, although his application was sent earlier than mine. you might want to tell them that you are following up on the status of your application, include your name, LIN#, date of birth, receipt date and notice date. also mention that your receipt date online is different from your receipt date on the notice (if so). by the way, as per the website's instruction, don't forget to write "STATUS INQUIRY" - i wrote it just below the address on the envelope and on top of the letter like an attention line.

i hope this will help, just try. good luck to all of us!

Last edited by a moderator: