Finger print notice mailed to old address

momoea

Registered Users (C)
Anybody who has experienced that your finer print notice was sent to old address. I called USCIS two times to update address change, but it does not seem like update my address yet. How can I change local office for finger print??
My local office on the notice is Philladepia, but I want to take my finger print in Alxandria. Can I just visit Alxandria office without appointment and ask them if I take finger print?? Any experience? It will be great help if you add your experience.

I have been to Alexandria office twice over the past 2 years (for my two FPs). One thing that I would caution is, this office is not the Friendlist of places. Both the days I was there, they would not allow anyone from a different appt time, let alone a different date or service center. So be sure you check with VSC before taking time off from work and driving all the way to Alexandria.

If you have forwarded your mail with USPS then you would get FP Notice. Also your attorney gets FP notices too, you can ask him to fax it to you or scan/email to you.

I think if you take your FP notice to Alexendria office and tell them that you have moved and changed your address couple of times, they should not have a problem doing your FPs, if they don't do it ask them to reshecdule at new address, if they don't do that either, then you ended up with someone really not very friendly.

Actually, USPS does not forward FP notifications. The notifications usually come with "Return service requested". They are sent back to CIS.
In my case, the FP notice was sent to my old address. It was returned to CIS. CIS resent it to my new address. But, because of this back and forth it took a while (I think 2 weeks after my lawyer got it) for me to get the notification.
You can always use the copy that your lawyer has.

Good luck.

momoea said:
Anybody who has experienced that your finer print notice was sent to old address. I called USCIS two times to update address change, but it does not seem like update my address yet. How can I change local office for finger print??
My local office on the notice is Philladepia, but I want to take my finger print in Alxandria. Can I just visit Alxandria office without appointment and ask them if I take finger print?? Any experience? It will be great help if you add your experience.

We just went through this for my wife (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=145682).

If you have the FP notice (or a fax / photocopy of it), take it to the nearest Application Support Center (ASC) and tell them what happened. When they scan the notice they should be able to update your address.

What happened to us (and maybe to you) is that the USCIS must have sent our info to the ASCs prior to the address change. The ASC database therefore has the old address even if your address changes at the USCIS.

We actually just received my wife's copy of the FP notice today -- it apparently bounced all the way back to the USCIS, they then saw the address change and they sent the FP notice to our new address (still using the old ASC though). This seems to reenforce the idea that you can go to any ASC as long as you have a reason for this.

ETA