finger print !!!! Gurus .... please help .......

paras mani

Registered Users (C)
I called FBI yesterday and they said they responded back to INS on the same day the had received the FP ( this was the same day the FP was also taken). Does this mean that quality of FP was bad ??? When I asked them abt this they said \'INS won\'t us to reveal anything other than that we responded back ...\'

Has anyone had similar expriance ... Please answer....

No Title

Yes, I got the same answer from FBI. I called my lawyer and asked her if she heard anything back from INS. She told me that INS would contact us only if there is a problem with the FP. If you don\'t hear from INS then I guess you have to assume that your FP are approved.

My case details...
EB1, INDIA, I-485 ND: 01/18/01 FP: 05/11/01

Good Luck

No Title

You guys are fine.

Since it is done electronically, it goes the same day.

Good job.

No Title

When I called the FBI (about a year ago), I was told that my prints were "approved" and sent the same day. I think that was an inadvertent slip of the tongue. All they usually say is that it was sent back to the INS the same day. And that is exactly what it means -- that they have been processed and the results sent back. It dosen\'t mean the FPs "passed" or "failed". If there is a problem, you will hear from the INS, if not you are cool.

My details:
EB3, India
PD Feb 97
FP March 2000
Approved May 10, 01
Passport Stamping May 18, 01

Amar

No Title

why I did FP for two times,

FP 8/2000

transferred from VSC to New York City local (2/2001)
then received 2nd FP notice from Garden City (Long Island) local office (I didn\'t live in Long Island at all!).

FP 5/2001

No Title

I had an exact similar case ......saying it was sent back to INS by FBI on the same day it was done.

I can understand , actual transfer of the FP would be electronic, is background also electronic ??? No police Inquiry etc ....???

Please respond ....