Finger Print Fiasco at CSC. CIBA/Others pls help.

R V

Registered Users (C)
I am in a very confusing situation, your advice would be appreciated. I did my FP on 14 feb and FBI confirmed on 16feb that the FPs are cleared and sent to INS. On 25feb CSC officer said they have the FPs and the case has been assigned. On 3 Mar, CSC officer denied that they have the FPs and case assignment. On 13 Mar, same information as 3Mar-FPs not recd. and case not assigned yet. I called up FBI again and the FBI officer looked into the "INS system" and confirmed that the results are with INS. Does anybody know where is the disconnect? Couple of observations:

1. On 13 Mar, the FBI officer did say the results have been sent to Nebraska but according to her it does not matter since INS has a Central system and any service centre could look up the results. Also, CSC officer repeatedly asked for a paper report whereas per FBI no paper report is generated- the process is electronic. Is there any paper report that goes from FBI to Service Centre in the process? I am wondering if my report has been sent to Nebraska instead of California by mistake. What should I do in that situation? Any experiences?

2. Feb 25, Mar 13 & Mar 3: The CSC officer only took my WAC# to give the FP status. On Mar 13, When I asked about the second system (that uses A#), she didnt seem to have knowledge of that and said she was using the local system. Could it just be a case that FPs are not transferred from one system to the other and the officer is unaware of it? (i am presuming folks on this board know there are 2 systems for FPs results within INS).

3. The CSC officer asked me to send a fax inquiry to a "duty officer" at CSC. Should I send the fax (or my attorney)? What is CSC\'s turnaround time for fax enquiries?

4. Any advice you can offer to help me breakthrough this deadlock would be greatly appreciated. FBI is not willing to resend the resultsas they see the results clearly in INS system. CSC is not willing to listen and help investigate where is the breakdown....

No Title

it is really hard to say what the heck is going on in INS. they are so inconsistent. different IIOs tells different stories. i was told different stories too. what i can\'t understand is that how the FP is updated in their system. if the IIOs can check the FP in the 2nd system, why can\'t those officers who deal with the cases? you know, you just can;t understand IND in a reasonable way.

No Title

Well Per CSC officer on 13 Mar, there is a "paper report" that follows the electronic update. Only on receipt of that paper report is the INS system updated. FBI denies sending any paper reports. CSC specifically mentioned that the status is "Report not received and case not adjourned".

No Title

This is exactly the same situation that happened to me.

First time calling, finger prints have been received and case has been assigned to an officer.
Second time calling, case is not with an officer but is in a holding area waiting to be assigned.
Third time calling and from then on, finger prints haven\'t been received (into the primary system, though they show up in the secondary system).

Interestingly the dates they had in the system did not make sense, they showed my fingerprints having been received at the INS on a date before I even did them.

The only thing I can suggest is keep calling every week and hope that eventually you\'ll get an officer that will take a special interest in your case.

No Title

I am in the same boat. I called the INS twice, both times I was told it was assigned
to the officer. I called yesterday, IIO said it is waiting for FBI finger prints.
I immediately called FBI and the lady there hooked up with INS and confirmed
that the fingerprints are in the system.
I plan to call INS again and see wht new story they are going to spin :-(

No Title

Just talked to IIO, she said that the case is still assigned to an officer (assigned on Feb 14th). She said that there are lots of cases assigned to the officer and it could take some time. There is no point trying to figure out INS.

No Title

I think the IIO\'s helping on the phone dont have proper information, when I called last week IIO said they recieved fingerprints, yesterday the IIO said they are waiting for background report to show up, I too am confused. The reason I called again yesterday was because the IIO asked me to call back because our AP\'s are not approved yet and we might have to travel soon!

-thx

RD Oct 18, ND Nov 1, FP Feb 23

No Title

Ozone\'s experience (and also what i was told by CSC officer on mar 13) leads me to believe there is a paper report sent by FBI.....Is everybody\'s understanding the same?

No Title

nebraska center probably sends a paper report generated by the FBI. Just a possiblity. Has any of you received a second FP notice. My confusion is: i got second FP notice with a different alien number starting with a "T123" instead of "A123". FP done 2/9/01 but yet assigned as of last week. Gave up calling and wasting my time and their time to check the status. I have waited 5 years and a few more months is not going to matter. If u are under water it does not matter if u are knee deep or waist deep ::))

No Title

Sounds like the IIO, driven by overwhelming inquiries, has become insane.

Why spend so much of time dialing and dialing?
Do you think it will help pushing your case forward?
What can you do if the IIO gave you wrong informations?
Dial again!!!

How can we get rid of this vicious circle?

No Title

RV,

From past experiences by CSC folks, there appears to be no "paper
reports" between FBI and INS. The results are transferred
electronically.

Usually, if FBI confirms your finger prints "cleared" and results
sent, you can assume they reach to CSC smoothly.

ciba

No Title

No offence please.
I think there no neccessity to call CSC several times.
I just called FBI (next day after FP procesing) and they said the FPs are OK.
Later, I kept quite (NEVER called CSC).
I received my approvals excactly after two months.
Do not be over anxious and hog the CSC line.

No Title

EB2 - India
PD Dec 10, 1997
Center: CSC
I-140 approved July 21, 2000
I-485 ND August, 09, 2000
EAD Recevied October 27, 2000
FP Notice recived October, 28 2000
FPs Done on November 3rd, 2000
Called FBI on November 6th, 2000 to find everything is OK.
Heard about I-485 approvals on AVM on January, 4th, 2001
Received courtesy copies of approvals on January 11th, 2001
Passports stamped at INS Portland, OR on January, 16th, 2001
Awaiting plastics.

NEVER called CSC-IIO. Always used to call CSC during nights to check automated voice message (may be on weekly basis).

No Title

well, it seems that my FP was updated in their damn main system finally!!! i called again today and i was only asked WAC number and the IIO told me my FP was received on March 11, but FBI said it was sent FEB 27. so according to Ciba and another guy\'s(sorry, forget the name)FP theory, I can be pretty sure that my FP was updated and also told it was ready to be assigned to an Officer. holy holy,,what the hell are they doing everyday?

No Title

kelvin,

did you check the machine? Is the message updated to reflect that your FP has received?