finger print date important or wac number?

sentil

Registered Users (C)
My wac is 01-279, I did my fingerprint on Mar9 and FBI sent the result to INS on Mar11. I notice that INS has already start process 270-279 cases, I just wonder how long I have to wait? For example, if one guy with 280-289 did fingprint in Feb, but still pending, will his case be processed earlier than me? Or there should be if INS has collect all necessary information, INS will process case based on was number? Share your idea.

rsrgc, what is background check? Is it the same as FBI fingerprint

check?I.e.If FBI has already sent the fp result to INS, does this mean
the background check finished?

I think it is a combination

Both WAC and time of FP have influence. Each individual case is different. I did FP later than a couple of my coworkers, and they are still waiting for approval, and I got my approval one month back. Average is 2 months after FP, but there could be an RFE, or it could take 3, 4 months easily.

Early FP has seemed to help in many cases. In my case I got approval 13 days after the scheduled FP date. However, my coworkers also did early FP, but are still waiting (at least one has earlier WAC too). This is to show that no one can accurately answer your question, at best we can tell you what the recent trend has been.

Good luck.

i believe

the wac number is the most important generally. But if you are in a particular series and your fp has been done late or if your case generates a rfe or your background check takes a long time or CSC loses some papers or your entire file then you r in for a rough ride.

Generally csc is approving cases in the 260-269 series currently.