Finger Print, 2nd EAD and I-485 online status

diraviam

Registered Users (C)
We received the second EAD card in the mail yesterday.
The card had the second for finger printing saying that
"Finger Print not available".

We have done the fingerprinting in December 03.
My online status for I-485 reads
--------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status:

On December 29, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
------------------------------------------------------------
There has been a lot of postings recently about calling up FBI to get the name check send back to USCIS.

My question is:

has my fingerprint been send back to USCIS based on the status or do I need to contact FBI.

Also there a lot of approvals for Sep 03. Mine was filed on Sept 8,2003. Is my application being delayed because of the FBI name check or fingerprinting.

Thanks for all the input.

EB2-RIR
I-140/I-485 Sept 08,2003
2nd EAD approved Sept 29,04
Finger Printing done Dec 12, 03
Awaiting Approval

Hi Diraviam,

My ND/RD is also same as yours..09/08/2003(EB2 and RIR) and also I got 2nd EAD approved last week and they mailed it few days back..online message says so.. My I-485 status aslo reads exactly as yours. Will let you know if they put the fingerprint on EAD or not once I recieve it. Today I should recieve it. I gave finger prints in Feb-2004.

Let us keep posted. Getting excited and anxious as cases filed after our ND are getting approved. When they approved EAD without touching 140 and 485 last week..I started sensing something negative..may be it is because of Name Checks not done like someone said...??? Let us see...

Btw, what is the duration of validity of EAD?

Also one suggestion..how about you calling them saying you have some questions about the approved case? I will do the same if I don't see FPs on my EAD.

Others ..please share if you guys got FPs on 2nd EADs.

Thanks and best wishes to all...

Second EAD was approved for a full 2nd year.
A year from when the second one expires. In our case end of Dec 05. Our current EAD expires Dec 04.

finger(Thumb) print on EAD has nothing to do with finger printing for 485. If u e-file for EAD, then u have to go to ASC to give ur finger print just for EAD purpose. If u do paper filing then u dont have to do finger printing for EAD. Dont worry bout that.....