Finding jobs without perm residency/citizenship

Ms.A

Registered Users (C)
I notice that a lot of jobs list they require perm residency/citizenship. Is this only because they don't want to fund/support a visa or are these really strict requirements. Are people with EAC's able to land some of these jobs?

Yes, they don't want to sponsor H1. But the issue with them is that they think they need to sponsor EAD too.
But, some people know that with EAD, you don't need sponsorship and they simply hire you.

Unless it's a federal government job that in most cases require citizenship, or a government contractor job that needs security clearance, it's actually illegal to outright deny applicants based on citizenship status. Private companies that understand the law typically ask whether or not you need sponsorship to work in USA.

Thank you for the info - although I doubt bringing up that fact in a matter of fact manner will land me a job! What is the tactful way of answering the "are you a permanent resident" question?

What is the tactful way of answering the "are you a permanent resident" question?

"No, but I am authorized to work in the United States. Here are my papers"
Never lie about your status, especially claim that you are a citizen.