Finally, we are done!

SHAMAL

Registered Users (C)
Jai Ganesh; Finally, we are done!

Today I received 12 emails (3 each) for me, spouse, and two kids. Following is the message:

Receipt Number: LIN**********

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 14, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

My case history is below:

Came to US on H1B in Dec. 2000
Applied I-140 under EB1B in May 2003 which was approved Feb 2004
Filed I-485's in May 2004
All approved today

Did two code 1 (10 FPs only) FP's; one code 2 (biometrics)

Me and the two kids did not receive any RFE's. My wife received one for submitting G325a again (dont know why) and doing an Xray for TB. She had 8mm reaction and the doctor did not do xray because at that time in 2004 CDC (center for disease control) said if it is less than 10 mm no xray is required. However, they recently changed it therefore Xray was required. This RFE was in August first week 2006, we responded to it August 16, 2006.

I did not have many LUD's. In fact my last LUD was July 2005 for address change and nothing after that.

I contacted two senators and a congressman for NC - did not really get any help from them other than telling me that it is pending. I have no idea when everything got cleared.

Anyway, long story. But, I must admit I was really very depressed lately due to the nearly 2.5 years wait.

I wish good luck to all who are waiting. I will ceratinly be a part of this forum at least for some more time.

Best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
haee guys now i am worried, i got an email yesterday that i have been send a welcome notice, so what is the difference in approving a case and in a welcome notice.

Regards,
avarex

Approval Update

Thanks for everyone's congratulatory posts.

Quick update here. Today we received the WELCOME NOTICES (by post) for all of us. For some reason the primary (me) got three welcome notices (same contents) dependents got one each. It says we should expect cards in three weeks.

Now waiting for plastic; I will update again once we receive the cards.

Last edited by a moderator: