Finally, Visa Bulletin

santa4u

Registered Users (C)
Finally, Visa Bulletin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed
CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C 01APR05 15JUN02 C C
3rd 01MAY02 01MAY02 22APR01 01MAY01 01MAY02
Schedule
A
Workers C C C C C
Other
Workers 01JAN01 01JAN01 01JAN01 01JAN01 01JAN01

India EB2 - went back few months to 15JUN02
India EB3 - moved forward by a week to 22APR01

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3032.html

Sad, but true, this bulletin!

I agree with Puerthoughts in another post that the SINGLE biggest reason for our mess is OVER-POPULATION, be it in India or Indians in the US. Unfortunately, no easy fix, here or there.

Downscaling of expectations is at work very well here. After a thorough bashing by USCIS, we lower our expectations (perhaps rightfully so) to the exent where some exclaim with delight when the PD dates don't become retrogressed or move by only one week (as in EB-3 India). Or don't go back to 1998 (as in EB-2 India).

To repeat what has been said again and again, things are very DISMAL for India EB2 and EB3 in the near term. I agree with UN in most of his postings as he tends to have a fairly realistic approach to the whole issue, albeit it may seem harsh to us.

One can argue that "Hope springs eternal" so folks will relentlessly keep on predicting and hoping and then at the release of the next bulletin, have a few choice words for USCIS. The issue is much more complex than that but has been well covered in many other posts. I'd say, hold your head up high, accept the status quo and march on, get on with your life...

It is a surprise that EB-3 Mexico is 01-MAY-2001 and India is still at 22-APRIL-2001. It seems DOS is still guessing the number of cases in the backlog centers.

VB game is much slower than cricket.

They say cricket is such a slow game. but turns out that VB guessing game is much much slower.

I think, all of us are tired to see EB3 india going forward a week in one bulletin and then next week moving 1 week backwards. this is going on since last 6 months.

All I can see is that, It will be a long halt, unless there is new law.

I doubt there will be any good movement untill Dec Bulletin (i.e) Nov 2006.
(tough I wish for forward movements)

what a mess for people in line, I petty those who are started the process in 2005/2006. in current law it will be 10+ yr wait for them.

Aj1971 said:
It is a surprise that EB-3 Mexico is 01-MAY-2001 and India is still at 22-APRIL-2001. It seems DOS is still guessing the number of cases in the backlog centers.

Aj1971 said:

Actually it is not a surprise.
Most Mexicans who got benefited by 245(i) should've filed under "Other Workers" since the majority of them are not professionals.

Mexico does not have many EB3 applications filed by professional workers in comparison to India and it will be a surprise if now that the April 30 hurdle has been crossed the priority dates don't skyrocket in the next visa bulletins.

ecuellar said:
Actually it is not a surprise.
Most Mexicans who got benefited by 245(i) should've filed under "Other Workers" since the majority of them are not professionals.

Mexico does not have many EB3 applications filed by professional workers in comparison to India and it will be a surprise if now that the April 30 hurdle has been crossed the priority dates don't skyrocket in the next visa bulletins.

The ugly truth is 245i is taking dips into the EB3 category.... already mentioned in other forum threads months ago. So blue collar workers from any country would be taking up visa numbers from us in EB3.
I am just surprised myself that with the millions of undocumenteds here, they all didn't file 245i and destroyed the immigration system.