Finally the email arrived on Friday the 13th

winny1971

Registered Users (C)
As usual casually logged into my mailbox to check my mail and lo and behold there was the email from CRIS. My initial thought was that it was about my Advance Parole that got approved couple of days back. Opened it to find the following details:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally almost after 6 years and more than a decade in this country, I hope my turn arrived. The feeling is yet to sink in. I would like to express my deepest thanks and gratitude to this forum that has provided lot of support to survive through some frustating times. Wish all of you waiting for your approvals get approved soon.

However, so far haven't recd. the approval notice for my wife. Does any recent approved share their experience if they have not recd. spouse approval emails together and how to follow-up on it.

How long does it take to receive the cards? The concern is that I moved very very recently to a different state and have not updated my address hoping it might get approved soon. I have also setup the Premium Forwarding with USPS (paid $100 for 8 weeks of forwarding) that will forward mails that have Return Service Requested on them (regular forwarding does not have this facility).

Thanks again to everyone in this forum for your support and guidance and wish everyone the best!

Cheers!!!

Congratulations!

As usual casually logged into my mailbox to check my mail and lo and behold there was the email from CRIS. My initial thought was that it was about my Advance Parole that got approved couple of days back. Opened it to find the following details:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally almost after 6 years and more than a decade in this country, I hope my turn arrived. The feeling is yet to sink in. I would like to express my deepest thanks and gratitude to this forum that has provided lot of support to survive through some frustating times. Wish all of you waiting for your approvals get approved soon.

However, so far haven't recd. the approval notice for my wife. Does any recent approved share their experience if they have not recd. spouse approval emails together and how to follow-up on it.

How long does it take to receive the cards? The concern is that I moved very very recently to a different state and have not updated my address hoping it might get approved soon. I have also setup the Premium Forwarding with USPS (paid $100 for 8 weeks of forwarding) that will forward mails that have Return Service Requested on them (regular forwarding does not have this facility).

Thanks again to everyone in this forum for your support and guidance and wish everyone the best!

Cheers!!!

are you EB2 or 3? did the NC cleared on it's own?

Congratulations !

Vinny1971.. Congratulations!

One question - did you see any LUD prior to this approval ?

Congrats winny1971!

For all the others who are waiting .... bulk approvals are trickling in slowly.

winny1971 congrats. A big relief from all your struggle Good luck.

MA_Labor any updates on 2003 cases..

Thanks

TSC - EB3(India) PD Apr-2003
I-140 RD - Jan 2004
I-485 RD May 2004
I-140 AD Apr 2005
1st FP June 2005
2nd FP June 2007
140 LUD - 6/24/2007 , 7/3/07
485 LUD - 7/7/2007 ( FP NOTICE )

Cheers!!!

Congrats on your approval. As far as I know USCIS mails are not forwarded and returned to them if address isn't current? I am not sure how true this is but heard from someone else. do you know?

gcdelay

MA_Labor any updates on 2003 cases..

2003 cases are in baby. If your PD was current in June and your 485 was filed before Sep 06, then most likely you are in. Provided couple of other factors such as ...
140 cleared
FP done and valid
NC cleared (well, from what I hear they've assigned visa # to cases without NC clearance too)
Application processed/pre-adjudicated

MA_Labor

Yes, my PD is current and I also received my third FP notice yesterday. 140 is cleared. Not sure about NC, I am yet to check with them...

For my approval notice, the envelope was stamped "return service requested", the green card envelope did not have such a stamp so I presume it would have gotten forwarded. Some folks on forum mentioned that their cards did get forwarded....

gcdelay

MA_Labor

Yes, my PD is current and I also received my third FP notice yesterday. 140 is cleared. Not sure about NC, I am yet to check with them...

When is your FP appointment? Try going in for an early FP (usually they allow it on Saturdays) and you might see an approval as early as Monday :D

MA_Labor

Looks like the date is for June 22nd but only yesterday I confirmed it with attorney. So I am going to try it and see if that works today. If so then I am lucky.. may be...

But in my 485 LUD it says, document has been mailed on 7/6/07 and I am yet to receive it.

keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks

Thank you all for your best wishes...You really need the goodwill of the forum to stay afloat.

Akbari - No I didn't see any LUD on my case after 5/15... Was tired of never seing the portfolio page day after day. MDRockville, your dates are very similar to mine right from FP1 in 2004.

srichalam - I am EB3-India. Regarding NC, till the infopass on 6/30 I was never sure whether it was clear or not. On 6/30 Infopass in newark, the officer told me that security checks were cleared in Sep 2005 itself and gave me the specific dates. And here even as late as May 2007, whenever I was able to reach TSC, all I got was pending NC. So I wouldn't know whether TSC IOs are telling the truth about security check not cleared. Schedule an infopass and hope you get a kind soul.

Just now spoke to TSC after a 40 min hold regarding spouse case. Was told that security checks and FP are clear and will just have to wait for her approval.