Finally the Approval!!

SRee2001

Registered Users (C)
Well, yes we finally heard the message "This Case has been Approved etc etc" my details are as follows:

EB2
PD: 12/98
RD: 04/2000
ND: 05/2000
LIN: 00160****
FP (detroit): 01/23/2001
RFE(birthcertificate and parentage) posted by INS which was lost in mail: 05/22/2001
RFE received by us: 06/19/2001
Replied for RFE: 07/09/2001
Received by INS according to AVM: 07/11/2001
APPROVAL DATE for mine and my spouse\'s: 07/23/2001 according to the AVM!!!!!

we still cannot beleive I am writing this message. Thanks for the people who are maintaining this group and also for those who write helping others like me. I really appreciate all your help.
For all those who are waiting just hang in there its a matter of time.

Thanks again
Sree

No Title

In our case, our attorney\'s office was involved only until we applied for I-485 and after that we got all the corresponsdance like FP etc. The Attorney himself was very helpful later when we had questions and did an enquiry for the lost RFE but we received our RFE notice at home.
good luck

No Title

Congrats!! Two detroiters got approvals today... Most of the Detroit 485 waiters have PD 0f 97/98. Looks like INS is working on the backlog..Good news!

No Title

I think AVM did get updated on 07/11/2001, saying that the they received the reply for RFE on 07/11/2001. I checked on the 12th.

Hope this helps
good luck

Sree

RFE on 485

Hi Folks

I Just received RFE saying that Provided birth certificate is not enough asking 2 proofs for birth.(birthcertificate and parentage)
What are we supposed to send them back..Any info is helpfull.

Thanks

Affidavits/School Certificates

1. Affidavits from your parents (this may be enough)
Secondary evidence could be:
2. School certificate (10th std generally has the date)
3. Baptism certificates etc.

Basically, any official document which has your birthdate and that is _contemporaneously dated_. Of course, the older the document, the better.

No Title

Our RFE was on the same lines. My birth certificate was registration date was 1997 and my mother\'s name was not on it. These are the things that were inclueded in our RFe reply:
1. sworn Affidavits from my Father and maternal Aunt (from both parents may be the best) the format is available on this site (search for birth certificates) or also in the FAQ for I-485 on Rajiv S. Khanna\'s page. If you don\'t find I post you one later in the eveining or tommorow morning
2. School transfer certificates(high school all the way to degree college)
3. Letter from School principal attesting the fact that school records since I was 4 show that birthdate, Father\'s name and Mother\'s name is such and such
4. My marraige registration also showing my Mother\'s name
5. Copy of my passport page shwoing birth details, parents names
6. Letter from Father\'s work place showing their records since 1980.

May be these are excessive but it certianly did the job!! the best thing would be to talk to your attorney too..

Good luck and please ask if you have any further questions

Sree