Finally received EAD,have many questions..

Saumit

I called INS & talked to IIO on 8th since my wife din\'t get EAD after approval on 13th april ,he told that it will be mailed on 10th & we got it on 11th with the approval letter..The other thing is that now i got interview in September..But i have lot of questions..

1)can my wife get SSN now? if so what documents we need to show to the INS to get it?..
2)If she gets the SSN can she go to the school for studies,will there be any problem?
3)My wife\'s interview is in july,can she go to india after her interview or will she get a query if she goes before completing my interview,since mine is in september?(she will be comming back by that time since we both are asked to come to the interview)..
any help would be great..

natural, do you think you got your EAD b/c you called? Seems like it was already in the pipeline

You got it in three day of your call. Can you share details of your conversation with IIO. As you are aware, I am in your situation and I still havent received my EAD (AD: 4/18/02). Wondering if I need to call or if it will come anyway.

Thanks

Here what i asked,

just told the IIO that mine was approved on 13th but still din\'t get the card,then he asked for SRC number & told me to wait,then he said they have my card but there was some mistake by the computer they could\'nt mail it(i don\'t know what that means),then he told that they will mail next day...That\'s it..i got it in one day...
sg94ahpw,try to talk to them,i think they will have some solution...

Answers

1) Your wife can get a SSN if she has a valid EAD. Without it no dice
2) Yes she can go to school for studies if you have any question talk to the International school advisor of the school she is going to go to
3) She can travel abroad as long as she has a valid AP document.

Here is what happened with my (wife\'s) EAD

Called INS and found out that EAD was just returned to them 5/10/02. The address they used was with my wife\'s maiden name and apparently they did not put any apartment number. It was my wife\'s EAD, approved on 4/18. The mailman not familiar with my wife\'s maiden name and not having any apartment number, I guess returned it.

She said she is going to resend it (I dont really know what she said, I think thats what she meant). Will take 30-60 days ??????? She was very rude. I tried to be polite all the time and tried to work through. When I asked her why did they use my wife\'s maiden name, her response was how the hell I know. I just kept mum and tried to work out. Lets hope that I do get the EAD this time.

Same thing here

same thing happened to my wife, exactly the same thing.
They forgot the Apt number and it was returned to them.

There may be another bug in their system, or someone does not know that the Apt number is important or something.

the other issue, is that we were told it will be sent, but it took couple of attempt before we got.
My wife describe the couple of IIO\'s she talked to as nice ladies though.

How long did it take for you to get it, though? I mean the first time you called

and when you finally received it.

The IIO told me 60-90 days or soemthing like that. But I dont believe her, she must have given some standard answer which probabaly doesnt even apply here.

Would appreciate if you could share your expereiences. Thanks

here it is

we were supposed to get it in early Feb, as the other one.
Then we waited and waited.
we finally tried to call and do something by end of march

we got last Saturday.
so, you can say about 6 weeks from start of contacting them.However the main point is that we were told couple of times that it is going to be sent and it did not, so I think if they actually send it, it should not be more than couple of weeks!. As usual there is no specific rule.

Did they also use your wife\'s maiden name the first time they sent the EAD? I looked

at the I-765 form. The very first line ask for your name and the second line asks for any other name (including maiden name) used, so we put her maiden name there. The EAD was sent to us the first time with her maiden name with a c/o (care of) address. And offcourse no apartment number

yes and no

that is why in the beginning I said the cases are very similar, however they are not exact.

my wife has always used her maiden name, she never changed it. She gets tons of mail on out Apt with her maiden name. It is the only name she uses.

The strange thing, is that one of the officer told her the first time, that the issue, is because of the Apt number was missing, and we will do it.
Later when they did not, and she called again, they told her it was because of your name has a different last name than your husband, and that is why it did not get to you. When my wife told me this, I knew this was probably a conjecture on the part of the IIO, when we actually got it couple of days ago, it appeard that the original letter was mising the Apt number, and they put a sticker somewhere on the letter that has her name and c/o my name!, which seems to indicate someone ther beleives it was not delivered due to using her maiden name.
best wishes

Natural, you can help me out.

I received one additional receipt other than I485, AP & EAD from the INS. It has got different SRC no: than I485. The notice type is \'FPF receipt notice\'. Underneath it says \'You\'ll be notified of the date & place of your interview from the local INS within 90 days. And you\'ll receive a notice stating when & where to take the FP." The AVM for this SRC says "Your FP fee was accepted as complete & processing of your case has resumed". I haven\'t done my FP yet. Is this the format of transfer notice? Any idea about this...
AnTX

Thanks, I will give them 2 weeks. If i dont receive by then, I guess I will have to call again.

I think your case is different from ours,

First actually our AVM changed that our\' cases has been transferred to LA local office to schedule an interview\',then after 1 week we got the transfer notice,then after 15 days my wife got an interview notice from local LA office,daybefore yesterday i got mine..
I am sorry i really don\'t know what does that mean..