Finally over (I think)

rob71

Registered Users (C)
I checked my status last night and found the following message: "This case has been approved...". This is for my I-485. It was a long and painful ride and am not happy at all about the process, in short, it sucks... and not because the length of the time, but because of all the blocks they put in seeing where you are. I had to reapply for my EAD a few weeks ago... I wouldn't have had to do so if they had said something about that it was coming. Best wishes to you all + thank you for all your support

Here's my history:
Filed I-485: Jan 03
FP1: Jul 03
FP2: Nov 04
2 EADs approved, 1 EAD applied... will get dropped
2 APs
Many upset stomachs :mad: :( :confused:
Not sure what an LUD is (not sure how to check)
RFE Nov 04
RFE response Nov 04
Opened investigation Jan 05 :confused:
Approval came on the last day the ivestigation was over :eek: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
rob71 said:
I checked my status last night and found the following message: "This case has been approved...". This is for my I-485. It was a long and painful ride and am not happy at all about the process, in short, it sucks... and not because the length of the time, but because of all the blocks they put in seeing where you are. I had to reapply for my EAD a few weeks ago... I wouldn't have had to do so if they had said something about that it was coming. Best wishes to you all + thank you for all your support

Here's my history:
Filed I-485: Jan 03
FP1: Jul 03
FP2: Nov 04
2 EADs approved, 1 EAD applied... will get dropped
2 APs
Many upset stomachs :mad: :( :confused:
Not sure what an LUD is (not sure how to check)
RFE Nov 04
RFE response Nov 04
Opened investigation Jan 05 :confused:
Approval came on the last day the ivestigation was over :eek: :)
Rob,

Congratulations,

RFE was what for?
What was Investigation?
Did you call vermont center

I am asking this question since my case is similar. USCIS received RFE reply in Nov 2004. I seen LUD changes on I-485 on dec 14th and dec 15th, but no news after that. I called Vermont Center and found that, they are still not satisfied with RFE reply and put it on hold. Its dues to Acquisition. I had a company A H1 and Company B applied my GC, after Company A was acquired by Company B. as per new law h1-amendment is not required. We called couple of times, everytime getting some defferent replies for customer service. first time they told that, its suppose to be denial, after minutes he told again, still they didnt take final decision its on hold. when my husband called, they told its issue with companies both has different tax ids. When we called again yesterday they told that, they wrote to Audit department and waiting for reply. Not sure whats going on..

RFE Specifics and Name Check

Hi Rob71 ,

Congrats .

Please provide some info related to your case so that we can try to predict our cases' progress .

(a) When (Date ??)Was RFE received by USCIS and what was this about ?

(b) When did you call VSC to start the investigation ? When you get hold of the rep on the phone , What exactly did you tell them . My understanding is that we are not supposed to tell them that this call is for finding the status of our cases . They will immediately advise you to check on line .

Thanks
Sunny

Dear Rob71: Would you explain how do you set up the investigation, and what is it? thank you very much!

Some answers

I'm not sure when I recevied the RFE, however I can tell you that my RFE response was received by them on Nov 27 I think.

On my side, I had to get some tax paperwork done (they wanted my past 2 filings). Not sure what the lawyer did on his side. I am not sure what the "ivestigation" was about... I just know they were doing something about it (suppsedly).

Refer to this url:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont
If you received a request for evidence and you responded more than 60 days ago and have not received a decision, please call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Exactly on the 60th day I called. I defenitely had to push a little, I essentially made him understand that I know what the process is and what I should expect. He then asked for my Alien #, I gave it to him... and he agreed in that it was overdue. Went ahead and started an investigation and asked to call back in 30 days if no news had been received.

Pretty much on the 30th day, my approval was posted.

ANother thing that I hated about the process is the randomness in it. I know several people that applied after me and received before. I wouldn't have been so unhappy about it otherwise (more of an expectations thing than a jealousy thing mind you)

My passport stamping experience

One update. I made an apppt through Infopass and went today to the Boston office (the one in JFK). I had to wait for a while... 40 mins or so. Then they called all approvals over to the side and they did them all fairly quickly. The lady took about 5 mins to do my processing.

Questions that I asked:
What do I do with the EAD that I applied for extension? ---> forget it
Is there a way to track the physical card? ---> No
Can I go to Canada? ---> Yes

Thanks to all and good luck!

Happy GC to you and family :D

HTML:
          ~                  ~
  ~       *                *         ~    *          
              *       ~        *              *   ~
                  )         (         )              *
    *    ~     ) (_)   (   (_)   )   (_) (  *