Finally our Case got Approved.

shrey1

Registered Users (C)
Dear Folks,

Finally those Magic words on the USCIS Website. My wife and I got approved yesterday (March 16th 2004). It was quite a rough ride for over an year. Many a times, I stopped seeing the USCIS website as it brings down anybody's morale and self confidence.

Thanks for Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this incredible website serving the Immigrant Community which keeps anyone's hope alive.

Both my wife and I signed the petition to sue the INS as I always felt that we pay dearly for somebody's inefficiency.

Brief History,

Landed up in US - 1998.
Applied for Labor - Jan 2001.
Labor Approved - Sep 2001.
Applied for I-140 - Oct 2001.
I-140 Approved - Jan 2002.
Applied for I-485 - March 2002.
Approved - March 2004.

In between 5 EAD's (2 for me and 3 for my wife) & 5 AP's (2 for me and 3 for my wife).

I sincerely pray for all the folks who aspire for the Approval day in their lives. The valuable lesson I learnt from this GC experience is not to make any plans or decisions based on this GC.

Thank you all and Best of Luck. ;)

We did the second finger printing on 11/13 last year and have to wait for 4 months before the approval. My wife made Congressman query couple of weeks back, but the reply was blunt as expected.

"Like we are processing cases till Jan 31st... so it is going to take little bit longer to process your case ".

We thought contacting Congressman is hopeless, but approval came within 1 week of the response from congressman's reply. I am not able to correlate the events as I cannot definitely say that inquiry helped in the approval. Answer is Yes and No
:( . So I leave it to anybody's guess. But when I contacted my lawyer, he said as of now they were trying to approve or touch cases when the second printing is six month old. I dont know how he got that information, but I definitely believe as he was able to guide me properly in everyway in this long journey. For everything there are exceptions and with INS everything is unpredictable, I leave it to anybody's guess.

But patience is the virtue as far as INS is concerned. Please be patient and door will open one day for everyone. Life is too short to be spent cribbing about approval and I always made use of the best of my time. It might look like an advice crap and that is the harsh truth.

Enjoy folks and see you soon:cool: