Finally our 485 approved

jbxieperm2005

Registered Users (C)
Finally the long journey end. This morning received email that both my and my wife's 485 were approved. A short summary:

Start in 2001; sponsored by 5 different employers at different time;
totally filed (both me and my wife)
* 5 H1B (not include extension)
* 4 RIR + 2 PERM (all approved)
* 3 I-140 (about to file another I-140 next week based on my wife's PERM)
* 2 I-485
Contribute a big revenue to USCIS; feed fat a lot immigration lawyers
Went through backlog center, visa retrogression, case transfer, name check, etc.

The approved case:
EB1 based;
140/484 concurrently filed at 9/27/05, CSC (3 days before the retrogression deadline)
Transferred to TSC 3/06
140 approved 7/06
Name check start 05/03 (based on a previous filed 485), and re-initiated 10/05
Name check cleared 11/06 (confirmed by Infopass)
2nd FP 2/2/06 (referred by officer at Infopass appointment when I mentioned my 1st FP is expired)
485 LUD 2/6/07, approval 2/7/07

Lesson to me:
Keep following up; use every resource (senate, congressman, First Lady, etc.)
Don't trust or rely on lawyer. They care money first, not your life.
This website is extremely helpful!!!!!

Please let me know if anyone need more information.

Congratulations on your approval.

I also have a case transferred from CSC to TSC. I filed for 485 in May 2004 and my case was transferred to TSC in December 05. Did you have any complications due to the transfer? That is, was there any problem in getting name check from fbi to TSC (rather than CSC which initiated the name check for your in 05).

My application is tranferred to TSC but my receipt number is WAC (since originally filed at CSC). Did you have any problems in calling TSC with WAC receipt number?

My case is in limbi and I got a letter from TSC in October 06 stating that they are actively reviewing my case and asked to contact if no decision made in 90 days. And 90 days over and no response yet. I tried to call TSC and no one seems to be availabe there (I tried the POJ method).

I have an infopass appointment tomorrow and do they tell you the status of name check.

I would appreciate if you could take time to respond. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
waiting4cagc,

I would suggest you to ask Congressman to help you inquiry the case. And also make a Infopass appointment. If your FP has expired, ask the local officer to send you to do finger prind. You have to do something to activate the idle status of your case, since the name check has been done so long time ago.

waiting4cagc said:
Congratulations on your GC!

gree_card_77,

I don't have problem with transfer. The name check result is sent back to USCIS Washington center (according to congressman). So it doesn't matter where you 485 case sit in. I guess they can access it online, like local officer can also see it.

Yes, the case still with WAC #. I use the POJ Method (serch this web) to call TSC. But I rarely get useful information (a lot lucky guys did). Recently they reject to disclose any information, except saying your case still pending. The most helpful place to me is Infopass. I did totally 6 times in a year. Most time I got very kind officer, except one time.

Hope this information would help.

green_card_77 said:
Congratulations on your approval.

I also have a case transferred from CSC to TSC. I filed for 485 in May 2004 and my case was transferred to TSC in December 05. Did you have any complications due to the transfer? That is, was there any problem in getting name check from fbi to TSC (rather than CSC which initiated the name check for your in 05).

My application is tranferred to TSC but my receipt number is WAC (since originally filed at CSC). Did you have any problems in calling TSC with WAC receipt number?

My case is in limbi and I got a letter from TSC in October 06 stating that they are actively reviewing my case and asked to contact if no decision made in 90 days. And 90 days over and no response yet. I tried to call TSC and no one seems to be availabe there (I tried the POJ method).

I have an infopass appointment tomorrow and do they tell you the status of name check.

I would appreciate if you could take time to respond. Thanks in advance.

jbxieperm2005 said:
waiting4cagc,

I would suggest you to ask Congressman to help you inquiry the case. And also make a Infopass appointment. If your FP has expired, ask the local officer to send you to do finger prind. You have to do something to activate the idle status of your case, since the name check has been done so long time ago.

I talked to Congressman's caseworker in mid November. They sent a request to the FBI and last week I received an email saying

"A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI's) Name Check Program database concerning [waiting4cagc] revealed that the request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and processed on July 20, 2006, and is currently in a pending status. "

Thanks jbxieperm2005. I had infopass today and the officer said that my name check is cleared. Can the local USCIS check and confirm that the name check is cleared? The officer at the local office also sent an email to the TSC to enquire about the status. Do you think this may be helpful.

I tried calling using POJ method at TSC and the representative at the center refused to say anything other than saying it's pending.

Thanks again.

Immiq

No, I did not ask when the name check was cleared. Can they provide this type of information. I did my finger printing in September 05 and do you think it has expired?

Thanks

You should get that info (background/security) through the InfoPass again if you want to figure it out when it will probably be your turn. Make sure everything is clear. They can see if something has not been cleared with their internal system. You can try to ask for scheduling the second FP there if it has expired (valid for 15 mo.) It is not guaranteed though someone has reported he did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
green_card_77,

Local officer should be able to tell you when you Name Check is cleared. For my case, it was cleared at the end of last Nov.

The FP expired after 15 months. So your FP should already expire. I advise you do another Infopass to ask the officer to refer you to do FP. Or try to call TSC to remind them send you a FP notice. But they are not very helpful recently.

Don't wait. If your case is picked out one day and then find out need to redo FP, it wil take 2 additonal months back and forth.

green_card_77 said:
Immiq

No, I did not ask when the name check was cleared. Can they provide this type of information. I did my finger printing in September 05 and do you think it has expired?

Thanks

congratulation for the approvals.
I am also waiting for a long time. couple of weeks ago I send a letter to congressman and asked him to have a inquiry on my case from FBI but I don't know how much it can help. my case also is pending because of name check.

jbxieperm2005 said:
green_card_77,

Local officer should be able to tell you when you Name Check is cleared. For my case, it was cleared at the end of last Nov.

The FP expired after 15 months. So your FP should already expire. I advise you do another Infopass to ask the officer to refer you to do FP. Or try to call TSC to remind them send you a FP notice. But they are not very helpful recently.

Don't wait. If your case is picked out one day and then find out need to redo FP, it wil take 2 additonal months back and forth.

jbxieperm2005 said:
Finally the long journey end. This morning received email that both my and my wife's 485 were approved. A short summary:

* 2 I-485
Went through backlog center, visa retrogression, case transfer, name check, etc.

The approved case:
EB1 based;
140/484 concurrently filed at 9/27/05, CSC (3 days before the retrogression deadline)
Transferred to TSC 3/06
140 approved 7/06
2nd FP 2/2/06 (referred by officer at Infopass appointment when I mentioned my 1st FP is expired)

Lesson to me:

congrats,

I sent you a private message. if you kindly respond, it will be great.

jbxieperm2005 said:

* 2 I-485

The approved case:
EB1 based;
Transferred to TSC 3/06
140 approved 7/06

Lesson to me:

Which immigration office referred you to do the second FP and how you were referred to the supporting center for the completion of your FP?

In Santa Ana (CA) office.

During the appointment he first confirmed my name check has been cleared and verything is ready to go. I told him but my FP is expired. He then pull out a reference paper to fill in our information (name, case#, reason for FP, etc.). We wend to ASU with this paper without any problem.

Maybe I am lucky because I saw people post here that local officer refuse to send them to do FP. But I also saw someone got it. That's the reason I tried to ask.

immiq said:
Which immigration office referred you to do the second FP and how you were referred to the supporting center for the completion of your FP?

jbxieperm2005 said:
In Santa Ana (CA) office.

During the appointment he first confirmed my name check has been cleared and verything is ready to go. I told him but my FP is expired. He then pull out a reference paper to fill in our information (name, case#, reason for FP, etc.). We wend to ASU with this paper without any problem.

Maybe I am lucky because I saw people post here that local officer refuse to send them to do FP. But I also saw someone got it. That's the reason I tried to ask.

another PM for u. thks.