FINALLY!!! now what?

Justaskingagain

Registered Users (C)
I received today this email from the automatic USCIS alert system:

"Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
On November 27, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service."

From experience, how long will it take approximately to receive this notice? and the actual green card?

I have travel plans starting December 15 (in 2.5 weeks). If I don't get my card by then, what are my options? I heard about stamping the passport with temporary green card. What are the details, and how?

Thanks!!
JustAsking.

You will get it with in a week.

On November 27, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service."

From experience, how long will it take approximately to receive this notice? and the actual green card?

I have travel plans starting December 15 (in 2.5 weeks). If I don't get my card by then, what are my options? I heard about stamping the passport with temporary green card. What are the details, and how?

Thanks!!
JustAsking.

Thanks!!
JustAsking.

Congratulations !!! and what is your signature details.

Congrats JustAskingAgain! Can you please post your details (country, category, PD date, etc.) so that we all can get a reference point?

Thanks,
Nidday

You can find below my details, but please answer my question on what to do if my travel date (Dec 15) comes and I don't have my notice and/or card yet!!
Thanks!

EB2 electrical engineer
Live in California
Labor certification application date: 1-29-03
Labor certification approved: 10-13-05
I140 / I485 receipt date: 12-27-05
ACS biometrics notice date: 1-18-06
I485 transfer from California Center to Texas Center: 3-23-06
I140 approved: 7-3-06
RFE: 7-5-06
RFE received: sometime in July 06
In answer to 3 requests of type: "outside normal processing times":
Notice about delay due to background check: 11-14-06
Notice that case is under review, expect decision within 60days: 7-17-07
Notice that case is within processing time, regret about any misunderstanding: 9-12-07
InfoPass: 10-1-07: no answer, asked me to contact Texas Center
Contacted Texas Center by sending email and mailed question letter: 10-1-07
Mailing date of I485 notice of new PR status registered: 11-27-07

Thanks!!
JustAsking.

Congrats!! Nowadays you will receive the card in 2 weeks ... however, in case you need that urgently, schedule an Infopass appointment to get the GC stamped on your passport.

I got today another email alert from CRIS-USCIS: Card mailed on Nov 30!

But still no notice received (they supposedly mailed it on Nov 27! how long would it take? come on, it's Texas to Cali only!)

2 notices below but still nothing received in mail:

Notice that welcome letter was mailed on Nov 27.
Notice that card was mailed on Nov 30.
Plans to travel abroad: Dec 16.

The earliest InfoPass I could get is Dec 7. Will they stamp temporary green on my passport during the same day? worst case in less than a week ???

on same boat

I am also on the same boat: Card production (11/27); welcome to PR (11/27); Card production again (11/28); Approval notice (12/02 but dated 11/30)... No card mailed stuff. I am also still waiting. From what I have learnt: All the cards are mailed from Kentucky (not the service centers). I am in CA too.

Please note that your H visa and APs are invalid now and so you cannot use them to return. If you get your approval notice, you can use that to get the stamps. If not you may need to convince them. You should be getting the cards next week. Good that you have scheduled the InfoPass. I think the stamping procedure is fairly quick... so you need not worry about that part.

Good info

Dude

This is the info I was looking for.

I received 2 E-mailes.

11/27/2007, "Welcome new PR"
11/29/2007, "Notice mailed, welcome new PR"

Still waiting for card production ordered.

2 notices below but still nothing received in mail:

Notice that welcome letter was mailed on Nov 27.
Notice that card was mailed on Nov 30.
Plans to travel abroad: Dec 16.

The earliest InfoPass I could get is Dec 7. Will they stamp temporary green on my passport during the same day? worst case in less than a week ???

I got the welcoming email today, Dec 2nd, sent out on Dec. 1st.

I am a EB2, China.

My PD is 05/21/2005, and I guess mine was assigned with quota before dec. 1st, which is for sure, before the retrogression starts again on me.

so, the welcoming register email means name check is done right?

Congrates

Welcome new PR means your I-485 cleared.

I got the welcoming email today, Dec 2nd, sent out on Dec. 1st.

I am a EB2, China.

My PD is 05/21/2005, and I guess mine was assigned with quota before dec. 1st, which is for sure, before the retrogression starts again on me.

so, the welcoming register email means name check is done right?

Can we start a thread for new PRs.

Can we start a new thread for new PRs or is there such a thread already? The idea is to track the progress in the weeks following the receipt of "Card Production ordered" or " Welcome Notice" e mail?

What has to be done after receiving the green card?

a) Like filling up a new I9 form.
b) Do we do anything about SSN card?
c) Passport Stamping?

no card yet

hi guys

Case details:

11/23 Welcome notice (online)
11/26 Card production order (online)
11/29 Approval notice (online)
11/30 received welcome notice in mail.

a. You may update your I-9 with your GC, or wait until it is time to re-verify your employment eligibility.

b. Yes, it is recommended to update your SSN card and remove the employment restriction. Down the form and go to the SSN office, very easy, and takes about two weeks to get your new card (same number).

c. Not necessary, unless you must travel in two weeks. Otherwise just wait for the card.

What has to be done after receiving the green card?

a) Like filling up a new I9 form.
b) Do we do anything about SSN card?
c) Passport Stamping?