Finally, NIW Approved at NSC Within 14 Days.

graduation2003

Registered Users (C)
Finally, my NIW was approved at NSC within 14 days after re-submitted. When I saw new LUD this morning, I was so calm because so many things happened…but when I received email from USCIS half an hour ago, I was too nerves to open it…..Anyway….It is finally my turn to say my I-140 got approved…. I have been dreaming this for a long time….I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who encouraged me and gave me support during the tough time…..

For those who are still there waiting, either after original submission, or after replied RFE, please be STRONG, be PREPARED and be POSITIVE.

Good Luck!!!!

P.S. I would like to answer questions you may have. You could send me PM or to graduationus2003@yahoo.com if you would like.

Congratulations! I am so excited and encouraged by this news! Can you give us the details? I remember you file Appeal/MTR, does "resubmit" means Appeal/MTR? I replied my NIW RFE almsot 2 months without LUD changes. My question is
1) Should I call USCIS to ask status even my lawyer does not suggest?
2) If USCIS forget to update LUD or forget to mail denial letter, which causes that I could not submit appeal in time, can I argue with that? I do not trust my lawyer too. She is not in the same city as mine and did not let me see what stuff was put in the final package.

So happy you came back this forum.

Hi Graduation2003,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a relief after so many days.
NSC is really speeding up

Congratulations! I am so excited and encouraged by this news! Can you give us the details? I remember you file Appeal/MTR, does "resubmit" means Appeal/MTR? I replied my NIW RFE almsot 2 months without LUD changes. My question is

I submitted a new NIW I-140 after I filed appeal. I have not heard anything about my Appeal/MTR.

1) Should I call USCIS to ask status even my lawyer does not suggest?

For this question, I didn't have the experience, not sure. My feeling is, may not help.

2) If USCIS forget to update LUD or forget to mail denial letter, which causes that I could not submit appeal in time, can I argue with that? I do not trust my lawyer too. She is not in the same city as mine and did not let me see what stuff was put in the final package.

My lawyer told me that my case was denied just a couple of days before appeal deadline. He said that was when he received the letter from USCIS.
I did notice the LUD change on the date the case was denied, however, the online message have not changed even till now, so it is no way to tell what happend....My suggestion, if you see new LUD, contact your lawyer and ask her to keep the USCIS envelope if she receives anything from USCIS.

So happy you came back this forum.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. Me too.

Hi Grduation2003,

Could you please summarize your story with us?
Some new ones may not know it.
I think your story will be benefitial to all of us.
Fairness is finally on your side.

NSC-NIW05 said:
Hi Grduation2003,

Could you please summarize your story with us?
Some new ones may not know it.
I think your story will be benefitial to all of us.
Fairness is finally on your side.

My story is below:

5/2004, applied NIW/EB11 (would not have done that)
1/2005, received RFE for NIW/EB11
4/2005, replied RFE for NIW/EB11 (would have just replied for NIW)
7/2005, NIW/EB11 denied
7/2005, appealed for NIW (a really long short)
9/2005, applied for a new NIW
10/2005, new NIW approved

Do you have national awards? If so, it should be fine.

I wont touch EB11 though, even I have national scope prestigious fellowship. I do not have any national awards.

graduation2003 said:
My story is below:

5/2004, applied NIW/EB11 (would not have done that)
1/2005, received RFE for NIW/EB11
4/2005, replied RFE for NIW/EB11 (would have just replied for NIW)
7/2005, NIW/EB11 denied
7/2005, appealed for NIW (a really long short)
9/2005, applied for a new NIW
10/2005, new NIW approved

Hi, graduation2003:

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Another questions:
1) Did you file a new 485 with your new 140? If not, can you move your old 485 to new 140 since you are aslo appealing old 140 and 485 is considered pending?

2) I heard MTR is much quicker than appeal. Did you only appeal or do both? What is the differences.

Thanks

Congratulations!

It is great news for you and everyone of us. I have a question, what kind of new material you have when you resumitted this time compared with your old application? Anything you feel greatly helped the approval this time? Thanks and enjoy!

NIWwaiting said:
Hi, graduation2003:

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Another questions:
1) Did you file a new 485 with your new 140? If not, can you move your old 485 to new 140 since you are aslo appealing old 140 and 485 is considered pending?

2) I heard MTR is much quicker than appeal. Did you only appeal or do both? What is the differences.

Thanks

1) Yes, I filed new I-485 with new I-140. As for the second part of your question, it is a grey area. Some lawyers think that you have to file new I-485. Some lawyers says if you appeal, your I-485 is considered to be pending, so you can transfer it to a new application before a denial decision issued from AAO. But how to timely know whether it has been successfully transferred or not, the answer is to wait till a renewal EAD or AP get approved. I didn't take the risk to wait.

2) I did both. From pieces of information, my understanding is after you filed both, you should receive:

a. MTR ("Your case has been reopened and reconsidered..."): Good sign. It is highly possible that your case will be approved in NSC.

or

b. AAO ("Your case has been transferred to AAO..."): Bad sign. You didn't pass at NSC so-called free meal. NSC transferred your case to AAO.

or

c. First MTR and then AAO: Not lucky enough. NSC wanted to prove your case, but finally they didn't, and transferred your case to AAO.

ah8064 said:
It is great news for you and everyone of us. I have a question, what kind of new material you have when you resumitted this time compared with your old application? Anything you feel greatly helped the approval this time? Thanks and enjoy!

Five new grants (PI in two grants and Co-PI in three grants); Title changed from Post-Doc to Assistant Professor; Reviewer for 4 more different journals.

graduation2003 said:
Five new grants (PI in two grants and Co-PI in three grants); Title changed from Post-Doc to Assistant Professor; Reviewer for 4 more different journals.
Wonderfull news graduation 2003!
COngratulations!

austinjoe said:
Congratulations !!! :)

You really deserve this approval after all your effort.

Thank you very much. I hope everyone in this forum will fulfill their dreams. The lesson I learned is to be positive, but need to be prepared too, don't want till last minute.

Congratulations

Great news, graduation2003. You deserved this, after all the effort! Congratulations.

graduation2003
Congrats, I remember the bad days when you were frustrated. I am glad that saga of I140 is finally finished for you.

graduation2003 said:
Finally, my NIW was approved at NSC within 14 days after re-submitted. When I saw new LUD this morning, I was so calm because so many things happened…but when I received email from USCIS half an hour ago, I was too nerves to open it…..Anyway….It is finally my turn to say my I-140 got approved…. I have been dreaming this for a long time….I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who encouraged me and gave me support during the tough time…..

For those who are still there waiting, either after original submission, or after replied RFE, please be STRONG, be PREPARED and be POSITIVE.

Good Luck!!!!

P.S. I would like to answer questions you may have. You could send me PM or to graduationus2003@yahoo.com if you would like.

Chipman said:
graduation2003
Congrats, I remember the bad days when you were frustrated. I am glad that saga of I140 is finally finished for you.

Thanks, chipman. I got your PM and replied. Please check.