Finally MY TURN !!!!!

10yrwaiter

Registered Users (C)
I just got approve notice email and also showed the same message on uscis website.

We came to us in 1995. It took 9 years to get green card. I even don't know I should laugh or cry.

I got a lot info from this website, more important part is the encouragement. I hope people will be encouraged by my long and painful process.

Many thanks to Mr. Khanna for providing the web, thanks to Kashmir and 140 takes 4ever.

Last question: do I have to have the hard copy of I485 approval notice to make appointment through INFOPASS?

wac021825xxxx
3 eads, 3 ap
RFE, replied and r'd by ins on sep 14
Approve sep 22

no offense, just curious

I thought if someone came to the U.S. using student visa, say spent 2 years in MS program, then went for a Ph.D., I guess it is not so rare that it may take up to 6 years to get the degree and find a job, then start GC process, then it may be typical for him/her to get his/her green card after being in the U.S. for 10 years, right? Is that also counted as a "long journey"? I am just curious, since most people I knew are students when they came to the states, and it did take at least 7 or 8 or longer years for them to get the GC. But as a student, I don't see people feel suffered very much...

Congratulations to you and me:)

Your case is very similar to mine. Came on student visa in 95 for MS and finally got approved in 17th Sept 2004. Congratulations again and good luck

we came here on visitor then student then H1 then job now waiting for 140...
did u say we did not suffer....?
well ask me , a spouse who had been sitting in the meanwhile even for a SS #
finally got that last month when i got my EAD. 7 yrs of waiting on that.
dont even know if i could work now after such a long break form my career.
IT SURELY IS A LONG JOURNEY...

myturnhere has a point. Maybe it should only count from the day LC starts as the green card journey starting point. The years before that, well, ....

Look at this way, after 911, with the new CIS policy, it is not allowed to switch from visitor visa to student visa in US anymore, but to go back. So maybe should count that as lucky.

No offense to anyone, most people going through CSC were/are suffered in certain degree. I recently try to look at things here in a different angle, otherwise I would gone insane over this ridicules lengthy, unfair process.