Finally my I -485 got approved.

kcha

Guys,

Here are my details
Priority Date: Aug 97
Initially 485 applied with EB3 I-140 approval
PD - Sep 8th 99
ND - Sep 23rd 99
Amendment sent by attorney with EB2 I-140 approval to consider my case under EB2.
My attorney sent follow-up letter regarding amendment and did not hear back from them. Then she called several times and finally they told my case is under EB3 (No answer to why)
I called senator on Feb 27th and Senator office called me back and said my case has been assigned to the officer.
On March 28th Senator office called me and gave me the good news. I checked AM on same days it was same old msg. (360-540 days ....), it was changed to approved when I checked on 03/02/01. I got my courtesy copy today.

This board was so informative. Thousand thanks to Khanna. If you think I can answer any of your questions please post it I will be visiting this site for few more days.

Good luck to everyone.

No Title

Congrats kcha. Sure should a big relief for you. Wish you all the best. Was your case actually approved in the EB2 or EB3 category atlast.
My case is also similar to yours. I have applied in EB3 PD 1/98 and I-485 was filed in 10/99. Recently I got the I-140 approved in EB2 category and my attorney sent a letter to transfer my case to EB2. I got FP done in EB3 category. How do I know if they have transferred my case to EB2.

No Title

They promptly follow up with INS and inform you about your status. I don\'t think INS can mess with them. I found Pittsburgh senator from web and randomly picked one of them, I don\'t remember his name exactly.

No Title

Thank you. My guess is my case got approved under EB2. As I mentioned in my initial posting my attorney called several times to find out about my category and one day they said it is EB3, I was so upset and I called senater and it got approved within a month from that day.