Finally it's my turn - a Sunday phone call changed it all...

expected

Registered Users (C)
...yeah...yeah...yeah...
...etc...etc...etc...

...after hearing lots of crap for 6 years, finally I also got my approval on 8/21...no, no, no...it's not over for me...they wouldn't let that happen so easily... they approved mine...but they didn't approve my wife's....so, I am still waiting....just half way through....

here is some snapshots my long story....

EB3, India

Labor PD: 10/18/2001 [ my own labor, NOT A SUBSTITUTE ]
I140 / 485 ND: 11/13/2003
I140 AD: 04/2004
FP1: 12/2004
stuck in Namecheck till 6/2006
Xfer VSC to TSC: 3/2/07
FP2: 5/9/07

Status of case since then:

6/4/07: All ready for approval, waiting in queue
6/5/07: Assigned to an officer
6/27/07: Officer on leave, reassigned to another officer
8/6/07: Case waiting to be assigned to an officer ??? wtf ???
8/13 - 8/17: Contacted everyone mentioned in this board, this isn't my first time...just the n-th time....

8/19 - Sunday 5:56pm - actually this is the MOST important event. So, I shall never forget the time. I received a call in my home phone from extn. 1202. The gentleman with a 50sh voice, identified himself as an officer from USCIS. He mentioned that he is aware my case is stuck and wanted to know all details that I have been complaining about. After hearing everything from me and my wife, he looked into some stuff in his system. He particularly looked in details to whom my cases was assigned to....finally he apologised and told me, probably my case was assigned to AN OFFICER WHO IS NO MORE WITH USCIS FOR SOMETIME...phone call for around 48 minutes...
he apologized again and told me that he would inform Texas Center that there are cases assigned to this person who is not with USCIS anymore...

8/21 - 8:01 am - I got only one mail from CRIS "Approval Notice Sent for I485"
...don't know when I would get the "Card Production Ordered" and "Welcome" mails

Well guys, did you notice the flurry of approval today?...mostly old cases....does that have anything with my Sunday's phone call?.....I am guessing so...:)

My wife's cases didn't get approved since it is with another officer...hope to get that one soon...

All the best to everyone in this forum....I hope lot's of more approvals to come in September....

Congratulations....

Congratulations.....
That's great news to know....Must be a relief...looks like calling up helps at times....You deserve it.
-Sri

...yeah...yeah...yeah...
...etc...etc...etc...

...after hearing lots of crap for 6 years, finally I also got my approval on 8/21...no, no, no...it's not over for me...they wouldn't let that happen so easily... they approved mine...but they didn't approve my wife's....so, I am still waiting....just half way through....

EB3, India

8/13 - 8/17: Contacted everyone mentioned in this board, this isn't my first time...just the n-th time....

8/19 - Sunday 5:56pm - actually this is the MOST important event. So, I shall never forget the time. I received a call in my home phone from extn. 1202. The gentleman with a 50sh voice, identified himself as an officer from USCIS. He mentioned that he is aware my case is stuck and wanted to know all details that I have been complaining about. After hearing everything from me and my wife, he looked into some stuff in his system. He particularly looked in details to whom my cases was assigned to....finally he apologised and told me, probably my case was assigned to AN OFFICER WHO IS NO MORE WITH USCIS FOR SOMETIME...phone call for around 48 minutes...
he apologized again and told me that he would inform Texas Center that there are cases assigned to this person who is not with USCIS anymore...

...don't know when I would get the "Card Production Ordered" and "Welcome" mails

Well guys, did you notice the flurry of approval today?...mostly old cases....does that have anything with my Sunday's phone call?.....I am guessing so...:)

My wife's cases didn't get approved since it is with another officer...hope to get that one soon...

All the best to everyone in this forum....I hope lot's of more approvals to come in September....

...yeah...yeah...yeah...
...etc...etc...etc...

September....

Congratulations!

I also got a SR response mentioning 'additional review...6 months' (refer signature) and today a TSC IO is claiming that my namecheck is pending. Do you have any inputs, having been in a similar situation?

Congrats man!!!
Boy, looks like lot of people are getting phone calls these days from USCIS. I think I should carry my phone everywhere..

Oh MY GOD!

can u imagine the workflow system in USCIS!!!!!!!!!!
nobody knows which staff is doing what!!!!!!!!!!!!
what an outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had you not stayed on your case, NO ONE would have realised even why your cse was stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my blood is burning!
For all you know our cases are just lying there dead in a box

People at USCIS have no system in place. One IO quits n his/her work is not redistributed?????????????

No wonder its taking forever to get approvals.

Folks pls. stay on your cases and raise as many serv. req. / letters to CM / FL Senators as possible.

It's our life and don't let USCIS / our luck paly any part in it. No point in tryign to analyze the sequence of approvals.

Thanks a lot Sri_know, zinchak, akilhere, apu99, catch_22_4_GC, vvvunlucky, raj1996n, LaborBadhi, DSLstart, magic_mail, BarneySha.

I hope all you guys who are stuck get you approvals soon...

BarneySha, Yes, this is a perfect example of how the Call center guys bluff us all...for the last 3 months they have come up with all sorts of bluffs, without even realizing that the officer doesn't work there at all...isn't this amazing???

Still waiting for my following mails and my wife's approval with you guys...

talk to uscis and let them know that ur case got seperated

Hi
Congrats first . Just talk to them again and let them know that the case got seperated and they will do something.

...yeah...yeah...yeah...
...etc...etc...etc...

EB3, India

Who to contact?

...yeah...yeah...yeah...
...etc...etc...etc...

EB3, India

First of all, congratulations!

You have mentioned that you contacted everyone mentioned in this forum. I have been trying to find who to contact and how. Can you please share the contact details of all the persons that you have contacted?

Thanks, KRA

Hi, Expected,

Congratulation! Hope your wife's will be approved soon.

The TSC IO mentioned your complains. I am wondering what action you have taken for complaining the delayed approval of your cases?

Thanks

...yeah...yeah...yeah...
...etc...etc...etc...

EB3, India

Thanks a lot hello.mohan, blessed_by_INS, kra, donein2007, cloud9.

blessed_by_INS, yes, we are going to try to talk to them today and see what happens.

kra, it's the standard list. Congressmen, First Lady, Ombudsman, calling USCIS - thats what I did. Not sure what clicked exactly.

donein2007, as I mentioned, I have informed Congressmen, First Lady, Ombudsman, calling USCIS about the delay. Not sure what else could have been done.

cloud9, as I mentioned, Sunday someone from extn 1202 called me. I have no idea where that was from. So, I wouldn't have any idea who was calling me.

Thanks for all the best wishes.