Finally It happend !!!!!!!

Rajan Mani

Registered Users (C)
Finally it happened. Mine and my wife’s I-485 Approved on 19 th of Sept. I hope this will change the dimension our career. It took almost three years to reach at this point.

My PD is Aug.1998 and ND is Nov. 1999. I did my FP in March 2001 and responded RFE on 16 th of June and waited more than three months after responding the RFE to get the approval. It was ridiculous to take 3 months for approval after responding to RFE My Lawyer was very helpful. He talked to INS at least 4 times during this time and he was about to talk again on coming Monday.

I contacted my senators office also. They are very nice and helpful. I spoke to a Lady at Senator’s office on 7th of this month and she asked me to Fax my I-485 receipt copy . After contacting VSC she called me back on 14 th ( she even apologized for delay, because of the recent attack and their office was busy with certain things) and said , my case is with an officer and they had a confusion in my I-140 approval., but I will hear something with in two weeks. We had company merger and my lawyer filed an amended I-140. This amended I-140 approved only recently. May be this was the confusion. But Senators office told me if nothing happened with in two weeks asked me to call back and they can follow up the case.

A week before My lawyer raised my Issue to a Supervisor and requested to contact the adjudicator to get the status. But some how , may be form Layer’s as well as Senator’s office help, my case got approved. So far as I called INS only 3 times. Twice for address change and one for EAD status.

So guys, if you feel your case is taking more than the normal time after certain stage, pursue your lawyer or contact somebody to know the status.

This site is really helpful to know tips and status of similar cases processing at INS. Thank you for each and every one who shared their sincere and honest information at right time. Hope every one will do the same in future to help others. My sincere prayers to all others who are waiting for their approval.

Thanks

Rajan.

No Title

Congrats Rajan,

I am very happy for you.My case is nearly similar to yours. Your approval gives me hope. I also have contacted the congressman\'s office. But i haven\'t heard anything for them yet.
good for you, your dog days are over.
Wish you the very best ..
Prince

Rajan, I am very happy for you

I have been looking at your posting constantly. I am from Kansas as well. My RFE was recd on the 6th of August and no news yet. Called INS several times and no help.

Can you please give me the details of the senator\'s office that you contacted. You could email me at tsrsr@yahoo.com. I would appreciate all your help.

Self RD Mar 00, EB3 , RFE recd on 6th of August.

Congrats Rajan...

Congrats dude...

after a long frustrating wait for 3 months since you replied to your RFE you finally made it... That\'s great... I am still waiting on mine... Contacted the Senator and Congressman... Hoping that something will happen soon...

Senator\'s details required

Rajan,

Congrats. Can i get the details about the senator? I sent my REF response in May 2001. Still waiting for an approval from INS? My RD is 7th of Nov. 99 and ND is 14 of Nov. 99 (EB3, INDIA)

who is your lawyer

Could you provide me some info about your lawyer? I\'m trying to find a good lawyer.

Thanks.