Finally~ Interview Passed---Details Inside---Also some questions to ask~~~

becomingcitizen

Registered Users (C)
Howdy!~~~
Finally, Finally, I got my interview passed this morning. It was in Houston, TX. I think the procedure differs a little bit here from other states. I was asked to take the six questions first by an officer, and I was asked to wait until another officer came and led me to her office for the N-400 questions interview. So two officers in the whole 20-25 mintues process. I then received the N-652 Naturliazaiton Interview Results letter which says I passed, and then after another 50 mins or-so wait, I received my N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony letter. Both these two letters are copies I believe. (I heard some other states don't give these letters right way? is that true?)

Anyway, after reviewing the oath letter, here is one question that I'm concerned with: It says to bring my GC, oath letter and also "Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document", which I don't have. I've been using my national passport to travel and never had a Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document, so is this gonna be a problem? or it's a general requirement?
Also, do I have to memorize the whole "Oath of Alligence". I did memorize the "Pledge of Alligence"

I guess I'm just so excited right now, but also paronioed with this whole process, because I want to make sure nothing goes wrong at the very last stage after all these many years.

Thanks for everyone's support! Good luck to you all!

p.s. the officer was nice enough to schedule the oath ceremony in my local city instead of driving all the way to Houston again. But I wasn't smart enough (or I was just so focused on listening to her) to go to the Houston one because the oath will be on March 3, now to go to the one in my local city, I have to wait until March 31.

Howdy!~~~
Finally, Finally, I got my interview passed this morning. It was in Houston, TX. I think the procedure differs a little bit here from other states. I was asked to take the six questions first by an officer, and I was asked to wait until another officer came and led me to her office for the N-400 questions interview. So two officers in the whole 20-25 mintues process. I then received the N-652 Naturliazaiton Interview Results letter which says I passed, and then after another 50 mins or-so wait, I received my N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony letter. Both these two letters are copies I believe. (I heard some other states don't give these letters right way? is that true?)

Anyway, after reviewing the oath letter, here is one question that I'm concerned with: It says to bring my GC, oath letter and also "Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document", which I don't have. I've been using my national passport to travel and never had a Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document, so is this gonna be a problem? or it's a general requirement?
Also, do I have to memorize the whole "Oath of Alligence". I did memorize the "Pledge of Alligence"

I guess I'm just so excited right now, but also paronioed with this whole process, because I want to make sure nothing goes wrong at the very last stage after all these many years.

Thanks for everyone's support! Good luck to you all!

p.s. the officer was nice enough to schedule the oath ceremony in my local city instead of driving all the way to Houston again. But I wasn't smart enough (or I was just so focused on listening to her) to go to the Houston one because the oath will be on March 3, now to go to the one in my local city, I have to wait until March 31.

Congratulations becomingcitizen.

First of all, congratulations! Just relax and take it easy! The worst is over!!! Just make sure you show up on time for the ceremony and do not forget to take you GC with you. That's all! :cool:

Thanks everyone~~~!!!

I see most of you have an oath letter date on your signature, so that makes me really wonder if Texas does do it differently. Because I got my oath letter (N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, if that's what it is) 50 mins after my interview. But now, I'm actually curious to know if I can be rescheduled for an earlier oath date or not? If so, how do I contact them? Or shall I just wait till the date on my oath letter? I'm too excited and I can't wait!