Finally I got it.

GCG

Registered Users (C)
I've got it, finally!

Guys,

just wanted to give you an update on my case. Last friday on 10/06/06 our cases finally have been Approved :eek: :D ;) :cool: :p . We saw an LUD on 10/06 but status message did not change till Monday, so we found out we were approved only yesterday.

It's been a very long wait for me and my family, we started the whole process back in April of 2001, and filed LCA in November 2001.

My company was not willing to file concurrent cases so we were stuck with solo petitions and I must say now, it dramatically turned out on us later when we got stuck in Name Check nightmare and later on in retrogression.

I wrote a couple of times to our Senator in CT (Dodd). His staff was very helpful dealing with the FBI (my NC got cleared in 3 weeks after they contacted Mr Hardy's office), and later this September when I again asked them for help since our cases became current but we saw no progress and VSC started again their saga about some sort of checks they were waiting for to be done...

It took Senator's office 1 week to get to our cases and they quickly found they all 3 application were sitting nicely on the shelf in Vermont only because some mail they sent to us or our attornie was returned to them recently, so they took the files out of normal processing room and placed them separately on Returned Mail Shelf/Department... For how long it would sit there nobody knows now, since I called VSC 3 times in the last 4 weeks and they told me nothing but WAIT...

My Infopass Appoinment gave me nothing again, a nice officer looked at my file from his NYC computer screen and told me that everything is fine and there is no reason to hold the case, but suggested to renew my EAD which was expiring in November as he said "you should probably be approved by March of 2007..."...

Of couse, waiting for next 6 mo, and spending another $1500 on EAD + AP was not in my plans I wrote and then called Senator's office which (IMHO) helped me to get a quick approval as I got approved in 3 days after they confirmed my current address.

A bit of advise...

If, your FP(s) expired, PD is current and you see no movement, call VSC and ask them about your case. This way we found they sent us FP requests which we never received, so we went to ASC in Hartford with our old FP notices and asked them to do it again. They did after some talking to Imm. Officer.

Then, make sure YOUR and YOUR ATTORNIE's address is current and UPDATED in their database, otherwise you can be waiting forever since they can't reach you by mail (nobody is going to call you).

And last thing but not least. If you/spose have a birthday coming up, contact VSC few weeks in advance to make sure they look at your file. They love to make birthday presents as I can see from my experience... They approved my LCA exactly on my birthday even though the rest from a bunch of other apps sent by my company were approved next day or next 2 weeks. Finally, they approved our I485 exactly on my wife's birthday... again a very nice present imho :) Pity it took them 5 years to get the message...

To make story short ;), for all you waiting out there I wish (G)ood (L)uck and fast approvals, especially to those waiting for long years, you well deserve it guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCG said:
Guys,

just wanted to give you an update on my case. Last friday on 10/06/06 our cases finally have been Approved :eek: :D ;) :cool: :p . We saw an LUD on 10/06 but status message did not change till Monday, so we found out we were approved only yesterday.

It's been a very long wait for me and my family, we started the whole process back in April of 2001, and filed LCA in November 2001.

My company was not willing to file concurrent cases so we were stuck with solo petitions and I must say now, it dramatically turned out on us later when we got stuck in Name Check nightmare and later on in retrogression.

I wrote a couple of times to our Senator in CT (Dodd). His staff was very helpful dealing with the FBI (my NC got cleared in 3 weeks after they contacted Mr Hardy's office), and later this September when I again asked them for help since our cases became current but we saw no progress and VSC started again their saga about some sort of checks they were waiting for to be done...

It took Senator's office 1 week to get to our cases and they quickly found they all 3 application were sitting nicely on the shelf in Vermont only because some mail they sent to us or our attornie was returned to them recently, so they took the files out of normal processing room and placed them separately on Returned Mail Shelf/Department... For how long it would sit there nobody knows now, since I called VSC 3 times in the last 4 weeks and they told me nothing but WAIT...

My Infopass Appoinment gave me nothing again, a nice officer looked at my file from his NYC computer screen and told me that everything is fine and there is no reason to hold the case, but suggested to renew my EAD which was expiring in November as he said "you should probably be approved by March of 2007..."...

Of couse, waiting for next 6 mo, and spending another $1500 on EAD + AP was not in my plans I wrote and then called Senator's office which (IMHO) helped me to get a quick approval as I got approved in 3 days after they confirmed my current address.

A bit of advise...

If, your FP(s) expired, PD is current and you see no movement, call VSC and ask them about your case. This way we found they sent us FP requests which we never received, so we went to ASC in Hartford with our old FP notices and asked them to do it again. They did after some talking to Imm. Officer.

Then, make sure YOUR and YOUR ATTORNIE's address is current and UPDATED in their database, otherwise you can be waiting forever since they can't reach you by mail (nobody is going to call you).

And last thing but not least. If you/spose have a birthday coming up, contact VSC few weeks in advance to make sure they look at your file. They love to make birthday presents as I can see from my experience... They approved my LCA exactly on my birthday even though the rest from a bunch of other apps sent by my company were approved next day or next 2 weeks. Finally, they approved our I485 exactly on my wife's birthday... again a very nice present imho :) Pity it took them 5 years to get the message...

To make story short ;), for all you waiting out there I wish (G)ood (L)uck and fast approvals, especially to those waiting for long years, you well deserve it guys.

Congrats!
Which country are you from?

Congratulations, buddy. My birthday is coming up soon and if they don't give my present I'll sue them :D

you have to let them look at your file vic, I am pretty sure they have no reminders setup, so do your homework... ;)

Congratulation!!!

Hearty congratulations!!! Hope this is a good sign for things to come for all of us waiting in this endless loop.

GCG said:
My company was not willing to file concurrent cases so we were stuck with solo petitions and I must say now, it dramatically turned out on us later when we got stuck in Name Check nightmare and later on in retrogression

That's exactly what happenned to me as well - I lost about 9 months on the I-485 queue while my I-140 was pending and eventually I got stuck in the retrogression due to two RFEs. If I were able to apply for I-485 in late 2002 along with my I-140, I'm pretty sure it would all be different now. Anyways, congratulations on your passing to the other side FINALLY! Enjoy your new found wings ... :D

Birthday Theroy

GCG,
Your birthday theory may be right. But include wedding date also if you are married. haha.

Just found out that my wife's AP was stuck for 2 months.. and when she called recently. they told that it is ready for dispatch and will be send soon..
her birthday is coming in next week... i guess they are just waiting for THE DAY

..I wish they give us GC surprise like that..

- Sudh