Finally I am hopeful

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
Not approved yet, but hopeful .. Here is why ..

Before April started, I had posted a few times saying Special Registration is over, and TPS cases are over, so INS should have more bandwidth to process 485s.

This CSC liason meeting suggested that expiring FPs will not be a reason for case assignment, but EAD's would be concentrated upon. Just as I had expected.

Scanners have shown some good activity that hasn't been seen in the previous 7 months.

I feel, the JIT might or might not move, but we will see this slow sustained activity in 485s for the next 2-3 months. Once EADs are at par, we should see much better activity in 485s. This provided there isn't another hurricane somewhere in the word :).

Good luck to you all.

I do not see any change in the processing activity. In average, one case per day to touch, and one case per week to approve in 02-041 depite the fact it's is within the current JIT.

Thus, each WAC day requires about a year to process. The backlogs for EAD and 485 are growing like snowballs. People who apply 485 nowadays have to wait literally HUNDRED years if the CSC will keep the same speed !!!

Also, it's very doubtful that the JIT will move (forward) till the end of this year.

*sigh* not a very hopeful prognosis! I wonder what it would take to get going on this approval process? People are nearing their 2 year anniversaries. How difficult is it to approve cases that already have their I140 approved, after going through infinite checks starting from SESA, DOL, I140 and now the 485?

If things don't pick up soon, then things might actually get to be as bad as stain predicted.

SillyMan, while I am of the similar opinion as you with regards to processing speed, nothing I have seen so far serves as proof, to that theory.

Good luck to us!

hey guys
what is your hope based on??? I haven't seen approvals since 2 weeks now and you are getting hopeful... Is there anything I don't know about, or you are just getting crazy little by little?

My hope is based on scanners.

Yea I agree so far it is still a day per case, but y'know thats a lot better than whats been, and I think once they clear EAD backlog by May end (I think they will), the next target will be 485.

So in short, yea even now their speed is slower than the rate at which they receive apps, but atleast they have started accelerating in the right direction now.

Stain, you know better than "People will have to wait Hundered years". They won't wait a hundered years. Either the process will improve, or well before the 100 years US will have to cut the bullshit and agree that they don't want immigrants anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 adjudication process is too burdensome!

Attached is BCIS procedure to adjudicate I-485. I think the process is too long, too many repetitions, too many wanding the bar codes, too much unneeded work.

With such a lumbersome procedure, the BCIS officer may feel he/she is doing you a huge favor approving your case.

BCIS should streamline the process by simply reducing some of those redundant steps. Or just let the officer make the decision and have contractors do the long steps. Anyways, contractors should be swifter.

i'm actually expecting a short flood and then a long clog, just the way INS always is. the only problem is when the flood is coming. looks like INS hasn't cleaned up RFE cases yet, nor sending new RFE's. they said they would be concentrating on EAD but we haven't seen one single EAD approved. but hopefully it should come soon. at least INS should do something.

The site doesn't accept .pdf files (about 864k in size)

I tried to send it but the site doesn't accept it. It was once posted here. If you give me your email address I can email it to you.

Originally posted by the_card
i'm actually expecting a short flood and then a long clog, just the way INS always is. the only problem is when the flood is coming. looks like INS hasn't cleaned up RFE cases yet, nor sending new RFE's. they said they would be concentrating on EAD but we haven't seen one single EAD approved. but hopefully it should come soon. at least INS should do something.

I've seen new RFE cases in 02-046

No. It's called "I-485 Standard Operating Procedure" with 269 pages.

No. It's called "I-485 Standard Operating Procedure" with 269 pages.

Originally posted by Silly Man
Yea I agree so far it is still a day per case, but y'know thats a lot better than whats been, and I think once they clear EAD backlog by May end (I think they will), the next target will be 485.

One case per day DOES give more than hundred years to wait for those who apply today.

How come can EAD backlog be cleared in May if they are processing August-02 cases these days?

02-035 (nov 09, 2001) facts

All sceptics, watch this,
jan03 - at least 1 approval
feb03 - 8
mar03 - 10
apr03 (so far) - 21 approval
according to scanner. Well, I'm impressed...

Exactly my point ND022202. And yea I don't think that speed is enough either, but I think it will pickup.

I haven't been wrong so far in the last 12 months :)

I doubt they are going to be done with EAD cases by end May. My EAD Rd is Oct 1, I have yet to hear ANYTHING from INS.

I think their entire approach is wrong. Forget about EAD's if people want they can go for iEAD, remember that the only reason people need EAD's is because they don't have GC's. So get your act together and concentrate of streamlining the 485 process, instead of concentrating on the peripherals. What is going to happen is They process EAD's, those EAD's expire, and the people apply again, now there are more EAD's to process, etc. etc. which is a vicisous cycle that stops only after GC. SO GIVE ME MY GC ALREADY! :(

It is true that processing is picking up slowly, but when will it get going at full throttle. We need to see 20+ approvals a day if we want to see any improvement in the backlog. I am not so concerned about the applications pouring in, since we are still ahead of the queue but they need to start processing somewhere.