Finally!!! I-751 Approved After a Long Wait!

Dani

Registered Users (C)
After more than 12 months of headaches and uncertainties I have finally, no, FINALLY got a letter that my “request for the removal of the conditional basis of the permanent resident status has been approved!!!” Not that I care anymore due to my N-400 being in process, but... I am very happy at the moment. Moreover, now I know that there will be no bullshit from USCIS in terms of two combined interviews when the time for my N-400 appointment comes. The conclusion I've made so far from this experience is lacking common sense; however, from what I've gathered I can say the only way to speed up the I-751 process is to apply for naturalization. That, and praying hard. As silly as it's sounds, that's the only somewhat logical culmination I am able to come up with. Altough I did write a letter to the state senator recently (June 9), and before that filed two inquiries, I never got any responce. So I do belive my previous attempts were just a waste of time.
Best wishes to all others who are stuck in the same crappy procedure called removal of conditions.

So far, here's my timeline:

Married to USC: Aug 22, 2001
AOS filed: Dec 30, 2002
Perm. residence since: Aug 16, 2003
I-751 filed at the CSC: June, 2005
I-751 received/priority date: July 1, 2005
N-400 filed: June 8, 2006
N-400 received/priority date: June 13,2006
FP for N-400: July 6, 2006
I-751 approved without interview or RFE: June 27, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, man. Good luck on your journey.

I looked on the USCIS website for processing times and it says that they are now processing Dec 2005 (for I-751) and if you have received response now on the application that was filed in June/July 2005, how does it make sense. Am I missing something over here?

sultan100 said:
Congrats, man. Good luck on your journey.

I looked on the USCIS website for processing times and it says that they are now processing Dec 2005 (for I-751) and if you have received response now on the application that was filed in June/July 2005, how does it make sense. Am I missing something over here?

Hi there,
Thanks! No, you are not missing anything. Unfortunately those priority dates are not sufficient at all. Plus, for some reason, those of us who filed in may/june/july 2005 are getting approvals only now or still wating. I don't know why. It's wired - people who applied 6 months and more after we did were getting approvals at no time, while we had to wait. I don't see any logic in all this as well!

Hi Dani,

Congratulations on your approval.

BTW I have a couple of questions about "after I-751 approval".

1. Did you make an appointment using InfoPass to get a new GC? If so, what is a receipt number for InfoPass of I-751 "approval"?

In spite that I also got the letter of approval which is a just simple white paper, there isn't any receipt number except my file number(or A #).

2. Does it mean that I should use the receipt number when I had received for "applying" I-751 one year ago?

3. If I make an appointment today, how soon can I get the date?

Thanks.

I-751 time line

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I sent out my I-751 on 8/3 to Vermont Service Center, and have no message from them so far. Are there someone know the procedure to process in vsc? I am not sure if I should contact them and I dont know where to get their phone #. If somebody have same experience, please share with me.

Best wish to all

Steve

jSteven said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I sent out my I-751 on 8/3 to Vermont Service Center, and have no message from them so far. Are there someone know the procedure to process in vsc? I am not sure if I should contact them and I dont know where to get their phone #. If somebody have same experience, please share with me.

Best wish to all

Steve

I'm not there yet, but I think you should be receiving NOA (receipt of your application to remove condition) any day.
I know you can't even show your case status online with the I-751.
So you just have to wait, I guess.
But you could apply for citizenship after 2yrs and 9mos even though I-751 has not been approved yet.

sorry,
if im single what /which form i suppose to fill?
i mean among
# DS-230

# DS-156

# DS-156K

Im on final i need your help me plz