Finally I’m a United States Citizen!

memo76

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to say thanks to the creator of this forum. The advice that this forum provides is priceless.My naturalization process from beginning to end took about 9 months.
Yesterday May 22nd ,2007,the naturalization ceremony for me, and for 750 people from 40+ countries took place at the Plano Centre in Plano Texas at 9am.Right before 12 noon the ceremony was over,and I had my USC certificate in my hands.
Now I will begin the process of petitioning my two sons who were born out of wedlock(ages 18 and 19)any advice will be apreciated.Wish me luck and thanks to all who provide advice in this great forum,especially to the person who created this awsome forum....Many thank you's to everyone!

Well, if they are born out of wedlock and they are 18 and 19, then they have to submit N-400s - just like you did. Only legitimate children under 18 who are LPRs and have a USC parent (that they live with) get automagic citizenship

I think by petition, he means to bring them over as permanent residents. I guess you'll perhaps be asked to provide DNA evidence that they are truly your children. I guess the family immigration thread is the most important to you now. Congratulations for your citizenship.

Oh!

And I forgot - Congratulations! I took the oath in Plano late last year. It feels good to be finished with the process and to have that US Flag in your pocket, doesn't it!

Oh!

And I forgot - Congratulations! I took the oath in Plano late last year. It feels good to be finished with the process and to have that US Flag in your pocket, doesn't it!
Thanks Flydog,mopotofu and boatbod,it's a great feeling.I will stick around and share my experiences when need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Please stick around a while and help others through the process.

Boatbod and FlyDog, remember you when I was active on the board last year before I became USC.
I thought it was selfish of me to quit contributing after I had gotten what I wanted. I am back and willing to share. BTW, did you guys complete the process yet, I don't remember what your situation was.

Yup, I got my senator to intervene and get me an interview. I took the oath in mid-November, 2006. I'm hanging around until at least my daughter's N-600 goes through (it's been 11 months so far (my wife naturalized last June 1)).

I don't know when boatbod became a USC

Welcome back - I remember your advice well.

Got my USC in July '06. I'll always be reminded of the exact date because my son was born rather unexpectedly later that evening. :eek:

Welcome back kblacwell!

Congratulations to both of you, albeit belatedly. it's nice to be back. Boatbod, I hope your son gives you as many sleepless nights as you gave your parents..enjoy it though..they are gifts from the Man upstairs