Finally heard the \'green\' words

oct99eb3

Registered Users (C)
I checked the AVM yesterday and found out to my utter delight the message that we all hope to hear. surprisingly, i had always imagined how it would be when i hear it, but actually there was no reaction at all. maybe because of so much delay and frustration on the long 3.5 yrs path, it just doesn\'t strike yet!

my details:
EB3 India
pd 9/97, rd/nd 10/99, fp 2/01
rfe sent for photograph of my son 4/13
rfe recd: 4/27
rfe replied: 4/30

called iio sometimes in 2nd week of may to check if rfe was recd, got to know that another one has been issued for me this time. frustrated, kept checking AVM, kept hearing \'this case is not found\'
finally on 5/28, heard that the case has been approved on 5/23.
never figured out what the iio meant about the 2nd rfe.

haven\'t received the notice yet.
can anyone tell me what happens next?
do we get an appt like fp? or do we just go and get our pp stamped? who gets the notice?
also, any pp stamping experience at hartford connecticut?

thanks in advance, and thanks for all the support i have gotten from this website.

No Title

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom.
You will receive the courtesy copy within 7 days. Your lawyer will receive the original copy. Some local INS does accept the cortesy copies of approval notice. You can take aproval notice, 2 adit style photographs, EAD, Advance Parole , passport ( of course) and I-94 and go to local INS. They will stamp your passport valid for a year and take your fingerprint, fill up the I-89 form and send it to VSC. When VSC receives this form, they will order actual plastic card. You will receive it within 4-8 weeks the actual card.

Sneha

No Title

Congratulations on your Approval.
VSCoct99, could you tell me when did the AVM got updated for your RFE.

I have it listed for you as:

RFE Issued (for you): 4/13/01
RFE Replied: 5/01
RFE Received by INS as per AVM: ???????
Approved: 5/23

I use the dates to calculate the diffent in day\'s that VSC take to do some meanful thing, i.e. approve.

Thanks.

No Title

Congrats! Pooof! That was a relief. Having heard the issuance of 2nd RFE, it must have been disasterous for you.
5/23/01 seemed to be one popular day when lot of cases got approved including mine. Cheers!

No Title

Thanks a lot all of you, i also received my courtsey copy yesterday.

To answer your question GC_OnTheWay, I never heard the RFE recd msg. It changed from RFE sent- to case not found - to approved directly.

thanks once again for all the support i got from this site. good luck to all who are waiting.