Finally! Got the magic email

windy101

Registered Users (C)
Today I got the magic email for both my husband's and my case. Finally, after 3-year waiting!!!

Our cases actually was far behind the processing time before the retrogression. We've made enumerous inquiries and calls last year, but with little use. I don't even know when exactly our name checks done, it's always one CSR said all the background check was clear, then next time the other one said no, not at all...

Then came the retrogression. Our visa no. became current this Feb. Another round of calls... Usually CSR from Vermont Service Center is much more helpful, when lucky enough a nice CSR will even tell me some more information, instead of the National center is always "we'll issue an case inquiry for you", and that's all (it doesn't matter if I got a ref. no. or not)!

In May for the first-time we were told that the case is hanging only because the FP expired (it expired at the end of April). Asking when we can get 2nd FP appointment it's "pls be patient". So we filed an expedite request, it got denied but the 2nd day they scheduled us the FP appointment.

Some CSR implied we made too much calls. It freaks me out and only dare to call once a month. Ever since Feb. most CSRs said the case is under review and we shall hear sth within 30 days (of course some still said the background check was not clearyet).

Finally I got a very very nice CSR 2 weeks ago (I am so grateful to her!). She reviewed every aspect of our case, and agree it's taking too long. She said she would print out our case file and send to an officer for jurisdiction. And, we got the approval email today!

So I guess our odyssey finally ends. It has been a great tortune during the past 3 years. Sometimes we feel so ridiculous that having been in this country for 10 years and paying tax, we still have to go through this painful long journey, While most illegal immigrants might got their GCs much earlier than us!!! Right now we are feel much relieved, though not ecstatic. As we always know we'll get it sooner or later.

This forum has been a great help and spiritual support for us. Wish everyone good luck, never give up hope! And most important, never give up calling USCIS!!!

===============
Case Information: NIW EB2
I-140: RD: 07/03 AD: 02/05
I-485: RD: 01/04 AD: 07/06
1st FP: 01/05 2nd FP: 06/06
1st EAD: 04/04 2nd EAD: 10/05
AP: 10/05

windy101 said:
Today I got the magic email for both my husband's and my case. Finally, after 3-year waiting!!!

Our cases actually was far behind the processing time before the retrogression. We've made enumerous inquiries and calls last year, but with little use. I don't even know when exactly our name checks done, it's always one CSR said all the background check was clear, then next time the other one said no, not at all...

Then came the retrogression. Our visa no. became current this Feb. Another round of calls... Usually CSR from Vermont Service Center is much more helpful, when lucky enough a nice CSR will even tell me some more information, instead of the National center is always "we'll issue an case inquiry for you", and that's all (it doesn't matter if I got a ref. no. or not)!

In May for the first-time we were told that the case is hanging only because the FP expired (it expired at the end of April). Asking when we can get 2nd FP appointment it's "pls be patient". So we filed an expedite request, it got denied but the 2nd day they scheduled us the FP appointment.

Some CSR implied we made too much calls. It freaks me out and only dare to call once a month. Ever since Feb. most CSRs said the case is under review and we shall hear sth within 30 days (of course some still said the background check was not clearyet).

Finally I got a very very nice CSR 2 weeks ago (I am so grateful to her!). She reviewed every aspect of our case, and agree it's taking too long. She said she would print out our case file and send to an officer for jurisdiction. And, we got the approval email today!

So I guess our odyssey finally ends. It has been a great tortune during the past 3 years. Sometimes we feel so ridiculous that having been in this country for 10 years and paying tax, we still have to go through this painful long journey, While most illegal immigrants might got their GCs much earlier than us!!! Right now we are feel much relieved, though not ecstatic. As we always know we'll get it sooner or later.

This forum has been a great help and spiritual support for us. Wish everyone good luck, never give up hope! And most important, never give up calling USCIS!!!

===============
Case Information: NIW EB2
I-140: RD: 07/03 AD: 02/05
I-485: RD: 01/04 AD: 07/06
1st FP: 01/05 2nd FP: 06/06
1st EAD: 04/04 2nd EAD: 10/05
AP: 10/05

Congrats, you looks like most experienced person when calling to USCIS, can you please tell me how to get immigration office on the line, most of the time we end of machine saying operator wont be having any additional what you can see on our website, please please let us know how to get an immigration officer on the line.

Congrats once again, enjoy your freedom.

RahulatDC,

This is how I call VSC:
800 375 5283 -1 -2 -6 -1 -Receipt No -1 -3 -4

Make sure you enter your I-140 No. as Receipt no. Otherwise you'll always get "system currently not available" msg.

Windy101,

I believe you attached an employment letter when you submitted I485. Before your I485 caes was processed or approved, were you required for a new employment letter? (I guess the first letter maybe becoming invalid after years.)

oxa1,

No extra employment letter is required. Maybe because our case are NIW, it's less employment-dependent?

windy101 said:
RahulatDC,

This is how I call VSC:
800 375 5283 -1 -2 -6 -1 -Receipt No -1 -3 -4

Make sure you enter your I-140 No. as Receipt no. Otherwise you'll always get "system currently not available" msg.

Windy: Congratulations! Yes, the VSC CSR is definitely much more helpful. The 4 at the end is the crucial one, otherwise you reach National Customer Service. My I-485 receipt no. did work though when I called a couple of days back.