Finally got my welcome email

June1506

Registered Users (C)
Just a few minutes back we got our welcome email. My case was pending for 3 and a half years. Mid 2006 my case went into cold storage (additional/extended) review. From Jan'08 it was assigned to an officer. It was frustrating for the last 2 years waiting.

Wish you all best of luck.

PD-Sept 2000 EB3 India
I485 RD Dec 2004 AD 04/24/08

Just a few minutes back we got our welcome email. My case was pending for 3 and a half years. Mid 2006 my case went into cold storage (additional/extended) review. From Jan'08 it was assigned to an officer. It was frustrating for the last 2 years waiting.

PD-Sept 2000 EB3 India

Congratulations ! Was there any recent LUD on 485 before approval ?

june1506,

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Did you get any RFE before your approval (If yes, describe)? Was your name check cleared?

There was no RFE recently. They totally forgot my case after the RFE in 2006 (EVL, Medical-First time civil surgeon didn't fill it properly, so NSC wanted it redone, and one mistake, I did in the biographic..I shortened my previous employer's name..so NSC wanted proof).

Name check was cleared in July 2006 but was under extended review after that..per Senator and also from Service request

Congratulations! I have been told that my case is under extended review, security checks you name it and I have never been told that my case is assigned to an officer.

Were you consistently told that your case was assigned to an officer? It took close to 4 months to final adjudication from assignment to officer.

Up till end Jan 2008 NSC consistently replied to me thru Ombudsman or Senator/Congressman or Service request response that my case was under extended review.

From Jan 2008 onwards they were saying that it was assigned to an officer and Congressman's office gave me time till 04/25 (ie tomorrow) for them to adjudicate. If nothing happened by then, they were to follow up again. Congressman's office told me last week that I am close and asked me to wait.

Thanks and all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!

I am happy that an old timer under Extended Review got approved.

I am closely watching few cases, like yours, Duncan's, birdaz f\and few others who are in extended review for quite long time.

I am also under Extended Review since June 2007 (Heard about this when I called first time after my PD was current in June 2007). My case is not current yet (Dec 2001) and under background/security checks (Name Check already completed). This was the response I got from my attorney when he contacted NSC supervisor in November 2007.

Hopefully I will start another sweep (contacting different people) as soon as my PD becomes current. As on today (after 6 months) I am eligible for new SR but thinking of waiting till PD will be current because of the 6 months limitation.

This is great news!

Thanks and hopefully all old timers get their approval very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received only "Card Production Ordered" email

I did not receive the "Welcome Email" yet :D..only the one which says "Card Production Ordered" ...what should I assume ? IS it DONE or not DONE till I receive the Welcome email. My case is EB2 Nebraska with PD 2001 and I-485 RD in June 2005. Please Advise .....

PD-Sept 2000 EB3 India

Congrts dude and June1506 and enjoy your freedom

EB3,India,PD:Feb 2001
I140 AD : Sep 2005
I485 RD :May 2006
I485 AD??????

Update : Got approval email after three days of card production ordered one

I was so skeptical about the inconsistency Nebraska showed in sending different emails.
I got Card Production ordered email on Monday 7 PM..and on Thursday 6 PM (Third day)I got a second email that they have sent the I-485 approval notice . So Now I am much relieved that earlier email was not a glitch and they have actually approved my I-485. So I guess now I am going to get a third "Welcome email " also soon...or I may get the card directly before that...I wil update..however just want to bring into your attention that I have closely followed and seen inconsistencies in the order and time difference between different emails (like Approval email / Card Production Email / Welcoming new permanent resident/receiving approval notice hard copy/receiving actual card)....so if you got any of these things...You are approved...and can start celebrating...Good Luck to all...:)

Peace!!!!

dude40004
EB2 India PD Feb 2001
I140/I485 RD June 2005
I140 approve - Sept 2005:)
Stuck in NC for 28 months:mad:
NC cleared Oct 2007 after a letter to First Lady:)
Dec...USCIS Ran out of Visa:confused:
2 FPs / 4 EADs/3 APs/Numerous SRs and InfoPass later
APril 1st - Current again:rolleyes:
April 28th - Card Production ordered Email:D

I did not receive the "Welcome Email" yet :D..only the one which says "Card Production Ordered" ...what should I assume ? IS it DONE or not DONE till I receive the Welcome email. My case is EB2 Nebraska with PD 2001 and I-485 RD in June 2005. Please Advise .....

I was so skeptical about the inconsistency Nebraska showed in sending different emails.
I got Card Production ordered email on Monday 7 PM..and on Thursday 6 PM (Third day)I got a second email that they have sent the I-485 approval notice . So Now I am much relieved that earlier email was not a glitch and they have actually approved my I-485. So I guess now I am going to get a third "Welcome email " also soon...or I may get the card directly before that...I wil update..however just want to bring into your attention that I have closely followed and seen inconsistencies in the order and time difference between different emails (like Approval email / Card Production Email / Welcoming new permanent resident/receiving approval notice hard copy/receiving actual card)....so if you got any of these things...You are approved...and can start celebrating...Good Luck to all...:)

Peace!!!!

dude40004
EB2 India PD Feb 2001
I140/I485 RD June 2005

In my case I got "card production" e-mail, "Approval Notice" sent in 3 days, one day later got physical "Welcome Notice" (I believe it is an approval notice the same time) in mail, next day got cards in mail.

I NEVER GOT "WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT" e-mail from NSC.

Update: Physical cards received

So...I got the first email of "card production ordered" on Monday 7 PM...and got the physical cards in mail on Saturday...Enjoy !!!!

Peace!!!!

dude40004
EB2 India PD Feb 2001
I140/I485 RD June 2005