Finally got interview notice from los angeles office with question

hope04

Registered Users (C)
Finally we got the interview notice from los angeles office said that the interview is scheduled on JULY 11. (Our case is transferred to local office on April 21, 03 and it is a january, 01 case)

but the weird thing are:

1) it ask my husband (primary applicant) come in on 11:00am and ask me to come in on 11:35am. But we filed 140/485 all at the same time together.

2)it ask us to bring 140 form and all attached documents? is it necessary? It also mention I-486 form, should we bring that too?

3)It ask me (not the primary applicant) to bring document for employment?

4)It mailed us two medical exam forms and asked us to bring in? but we had medical exam done and filed the result with 485.

5)it asked for proof for live together (including photos). What else should be?

We are really confused and nervous about this.

If you know any information about it or have any interview experiences. please reply. Any answers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Talk to a lawyer and take a lawyer with you. Sounds like a whole bunch of crap. But people like Vipsha should be able to guide you. Hopefully it should be routine . Do you have any pending convictions? are you using AC21? Jan01 case still pending seems very strange..

I have no experience with this.
But regarding the proof for showing you are living todether, I think you can show them you have joint bank accounts, you file your tax jointly, you can have your landlord show you and your husband are both responsible for the renting or you can show your ownership of your house, you may also have all kinds of bills showing your or your husband's name in the same address, etc.
It seems like they want you to bring a big box of documents for the interview.
Wish you good luck.

WAC02050*****

thanks for replay guys.

I don't know if the lawyer will charge us how much on the interview.

It is very good idea for bringing the renting lease. We are reanting current apartment for 4 yrs now.

1) You seem genuinely concerned about this interview notice.
2) You seem to have doubts about some of the documents required.
3) I would definitely advise to get a lawyer with you to the interview. It's going to cost you money, but it's going to help you in ways we can't help you in this forum.
4) Here you get free advice, pretty much always with the best intentions attached, but you won't be able to blame any of us if your interview goes bad because someone gave you wrong advice or you misunderstood the advice.
5) On the other hand, you can just gather and supply everything they ask you for and show up at the interview, this should be fine too.
6) In general, I don't think you should skip on any of the required documents, including the medical forms, that would be asking for trouble.
7) My guess is they want to interview you separately to make sure you really are a bona fide marriage. They will probably ask your husband some personal questions, and then ask you later to see if the stories match. I think I saw this in some movie :)

Of course, my advice is not legal advice.

My 2 cents.

1) it ask my husband (primary applicant) come in on 11:00am and ask me to come in on 11:35am. But we filed 140/485 all at the same time together.

It is normal, but most probably you will be interviewed at the same time, so go together. Otherwise also there is nothing to worry. In our case also I think they called us 30 minute apart. Maximum they will ask some stupid questions and if you are clean than you will come out clean.

2)it ask us to bring 140 form and all attached documents? is it necessary? It also mention I-486 form, should we bring that too?

What is I-486 ? If you meant I-485 then its OK to take that. Nothing is necessary but if INS asked than it becomes necessary, so don't ask this question take what ever INS is asking for.

3)It ask me (not the primary applicant) to bring document for employment?

Yes Its OK, if you are working than take it otherwise just have last year's 1040 which will show them that you did not had any income.

4)It mailed us two medical exam forms and asked us to bring in? But we had medical exam done and filed the result with 485.

If you still have the results than take with you, otherwise it will cost you some bucks. I have seen in past also where INS asked for medical exams results. I will try to pull that thread and past it here.

5)it asked for proof for live together (including photos). What else should be?

Yeah take the lease agreement, if you have some joint bank account then take the statement, some photos, any mail which shows that you are leaving at the said address. But this won't be an issue, they just want to make sure.

We are really confused and nervous about this.

There is nothing to worry about interview, it will be nothing just an formal talk and it will be over by the time you will know. Question is will they stamp the passport on the same day or not.

Things to remember

1. Take a photocopy set of each document with you.
2. Don't let any cut mark on your index finger before interview.
3. If they will not stamp the passport on the same day than ask him/her when it will be approved and if you can contact him/her directly, some e-mail address or some phone number.
5. Arrange your documents so that you know what is where.

If you know any information about it or have any interview experiences. Please reply. Any answers will be appreciated.

Still you have time and if you have any question, let this board know.

Thanks a lot. vipsha!

Just that we didn't remember where we did the medical exam last year (very stupid, not keep the address). I remember it was in L.A. downtown area. it was a good price though.

Do you or anyone know any place for medical exam with good price?

Hi Vispa, Sillyman and Pce and other gurus

Is it necessary that beneficiary should also have employment continiously....if she files as employed at the time of submitting I-485 application.

More clearly, I am the primary applicant, & my wife was working at the time of I-485 application. We mentioned as she was working and partially dependent on me. Now she was laid off...is it necessary / must to have an employment to process our application(s)..

Thanks for ur reply....

Dec02,

Since your 485 application was based on your LC/140 and your wife was beneficiary, so it does not make difference if she is working or not, at the most INS may ask you to submit I-134 ( affidavit of support ) that's it.

most of the docs asked here are standard...generally.interview at LA is simple and straight forward. They genrally just verify info on file.

Just be confident and make ur answers simple ,short and straight. do not give any info unless asked for.