Finally Got A Response, How Could is it.

afraj

Registered Users (C)
I filed for my citizenship back in 2004, i did my interview about 9 months later, the response came back waiting for an approval ( Name Check). now it has been 2 years and 5 months since my interview. the other day i recieved a letter from USCIS asking me to come for finger prints. my question to you guys does this show a movement in my case, or is it just to soly update their records.

I am in the same situation. I have been waiting since early 2005. I write several letters to just about every body i could. First lady, Senator, High ranking congress person. All of a sudden i was told to do a 2nd FP. I went to the office and a lady told me they've completed the backgroud check. I did my 2nd FP yesterday. I'm hoping the next is my Oath letter but i heard some people are called for 2nd IV

I filed for my citizenship back in 2004, i did my interview about 9 months later, the response came back waiting for an approval ( Name Check). now it has been 2 years and 5 months since my interview. the other day i recieved a letter from USCIS asking me to come for finger prints. my question to you guys does this show a movement in my case, or is it just to soly update their records.

Thats probably a good sign.

I really never understood USCIS's mentality that FP "expire" after 12-18 months. In my mind, the only thing that expires is their ability to process a case in a timely manner.

You should get a oath letter soon.

I really never understood USCIS's mentality that FP "expire" after 12-18 months. In my mind, the only thing that expires is their ability to process a case in a timely manner.

Well they "expire" in the sense that you might have committed some excludable offense between the initial FP and the eventual oath ceremony. I'm not sure whether USCIS or the FBI are allowed to store your FPs since you are (presumably) not a criminal, so probably the only way to re-run the FP background check is to have the applicant come back to an ASC.